1. Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

10 Surprising Facts On The Legends Known As The Beatles

Discussion in 'MODS CORNER' started by Jewels, Sep 6, 2014.

1. Jewels

Jewels WELL KNOWN MEMBER

10 Surprising Facts On The Legends Known As The Beatles

By Amberly Ashton

[​IMG]

1. Paul McCartney and John Lennon, who were the two founding members had named the band many different names before finally deciding on The Beatles. Some of their short lived band names were The Quarrymen, Johnny and the Moondogs, The Moonshiners, Long John and the Silver Beatles, Silver Beats, The Silver Beetles and Japage-3. Thankfully, they finally become The Beatles in 1960.

2. Even though The Beatles were musical genesis's who wrote and played all their own music could not read music. Crazy! I know! Astonishing none of band members knew how to read music!

3. The songs Strawberry Fields Forever and Penny Lane are actual locations in Liverpool and that adolescent John grew up near.

4. Paul at the young age of 16 incredibly wrote When I'm Sixty Four on his Father's piano.

5. One month before they made their historic appearance on The Ed Sullivan Show they had sold 1 million copies of their first United States single, I Want To Hold Your Hand. Just one month after their performance they went on to sell another 2 million more copies.

6. The Beatles had 12 songs on the Billboard Hot 100 during the week of April 4, 1964. As discussed there was 12 songs in which, Can't Buy Me Love, Twist and Shout, She Loves You, I Want To Hold Your Hand and Please Please Me were all including in the top 5 positions. To this day, this unreachable milestone has gone unmatched and no one has ever reached this unbelievable high honor.

7. Like many people who have always assumed the song, Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds had always referred to the subject of LSD, a psychedelic drug. The truth is that Julian's drawings that he brought home from school inspired the great, John Lennon. Pink Floyd legend, David Gilmore currently owns the "Lucy" drawings.

8. The song, With A Little Help From My Friends, had a different line. It was What would you do if I sang out of tune, Would you stand up and throw tomatoes at me. Hilarious as it sounds I'm delighted that they deserted the ideal and changed their unforgettable lyrics to: Would you stand up and walk out on me.

9. The Beatles ended their commitment to one another and officially broke up at Disney World! Strange enough, it really occurred! George and Ringo had already quit the band earlier in 1968. Paul announced publicly that he was "quitting The Beatles" in 1970. John was staying at the Polynesian Village Hotel at Disney World when, after years, he finally signed the paperwork which legally dissolved the band that we had known and loved, The Beatles.

10. At the time of his death on June 25th, 2009 Michael Jackson owned more than 50% of the Lennon-McCartney songs. Jackson had beat out McCartney with his bid of $47.5 million when they were auctioned off. Paul and John still own their share with a combined amount of 50% of the catalog. In 1995, Michael sold his rights for $95 million so he could merge with Sony to form Sony/ATV Music Publishing Company. They each owned a share of the rights. In 2013 the song catalog which now holds over 2 million songs, including all The Beatles songs and popular songs by artist such as, Bob Dylan, Eminem, Akon, Beck, Lady Gaga, Neil Diamond and Shakira. Today Michael Jackson's estate still owns the song catalog and it is estimated to be worth a staggering $2-$4 billion. Not bad for a cool $4.7 million investment.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2014