• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

114 years ago today...

PSP

Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds
130607131706-wright-brothers-flight-1903-story-top.jpg

PSP

For those of us who travel on a regular basis, it's a looooong walk across the country!

Reactions: Mben and PMM

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
For those of us who travel on a regular basis, it's a looooong walk across the country!
You could ride a horse. That would be a bit faster than walking, silly. lol

Reactions: PMM

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
Homey don't do horses! :surprise:
I had horses for many years, but can't imagine using them as a mode of transportation like they did back in the day. So yay for the Wright brothers!

Reactions: PMM

PSP

About a thousand years ago, my sister sponsored a horse for the winter from a summer camp in Malibu. "Dice" was maybe the most miserable animal that I have ever experienced. Dice would try to bite everybody who did anything nice for him - including feeding him. No one could ride him - he would bite them or just be generally unreasonable. I took this as a challenge - one of us was going to give, and being 18ish it wasn't going to be me!

I threw a saddle on him (which pissed him off big-time) and proceeded to mount him - it wasn't pretty, but he learned soon enough that he was NOT going to rule this encounter!

One of the happiest days of our Malibu life was when we gave that POS back to the camp...

:thumb:

Reactions: PMM and Mben