• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

3 Girls Imprisoned In Home Possibly For 2 Years In Tucson

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
This is happening in my city right now. It was breaking news yesterday. Today the girls are in a safe place and are safe from harm from the mother and step-father. I hope that they have a beautiful Thanksgiving tomorrow surrounded with people who really care about them ... people from my community. After the case in Ohio and now this, it makes you wonder what house next door is holding children (or adults even) as prisoners being abused on a daily basis. It's very sad to think that there are more cases like this that we don't know about. I pray that God be with these girls and help them find normalcy to the hard life they have been living.  TUCSON, Ariz. - A couple was arrested Tuesday after three girls told police they had been imprisoned in a home for up to two years, authorities said.The girls are siblings - ages 12, 13 and 17 - and police are investigating two of their relatives, a 32-year-old woman and a 34-year-old man, on allegations of child abuse and imprisonment.The Arizona Republic is not naming the suspects because doing so could identify the underage victims in the case. (Sophia and Fernando Richter)Authorities said the girls appeared malnourished and extremely dirty, and were living in filthy conditions.The girls told police they hadn't bathed in four to six months and were fed one meal a day, according to a Tucson police statement.Tucson Police Capt. Mike Gillooly says the children have been removed from the home and their mother and stepfather have been arrested.The two youngest girls escaped to a neighbor's house early Tuesday and a neighbor called 911.Details were sparse on Tuesday night, but police said they were called at about 4 a.m. to a house on reports of an assault. The two youngest girls said they escaped and went to a neighbor for help after the 34-year-old man tried to break into a room while brandishing a knife, the statement said.Police said they found the 17-year-old girl in a locked bedroom during a search of the home. The sisters told police that the eldest girl was kept in a separate bedroom from the other two and that they had not seen each other for months, possibly up to two years, police said.The man and woman were charged with three counts each of child abuse/emotional abuse; three counts each of child abuse/physical abuse; and three counts each of kidnapping. Police are also holding the man on suspicion of sexual abuse of a person under 15 years of age.Contributing: The Associated Press<a href="http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/11/26/girls-imprisoned-tucson/3762543/" >source</a>

Last edited by a moderator:

chezbaby

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
There is a special place in hell for people that abuse children. "
These two have a one way ticket .

Mben

Staff member
chezbaby wrote: There is a special place in hell for people that abuse children. These two have a one way ticket .
I agree, chez! The police report has been released. More info <a href="http://www.azfamily.com/news/Police-report-released-in-Tucson-child-imprisonment-case-234314691.html" >here</a> if anyone's interested. I know it can be hard to read about the pain and suffering that children endure but I'm just following up on the story. 

Mikey7a

PHINSFAN NUMERO UNO
As happy that I am for these girls escaping, it breaks my heart to think of the years of therapy they will need"
to recover, if they ever fully do so. I see FDCF, go after families, who are simply trying to make ends meet in a down "
economy, take their children away, and place them with people who only take them in for the money they receive."
Then, we hear, or read stories like these. It makes my blood boil. Never mind Hell, we need to make the Laws "
more severe for cretins like the two in this article. Maybe I'm wrong, but I vote for public lashings, and incarcerate them"
in worse conditions than they kept their victims!

Mben

Staff member
Mikey7a wrote: As happy that I am for these girls escaping, it breaks my heart to think of the years of therapy they will need to recover, if they ever fully do so. I see FDCF, go after families, who are simply trying to make ends meet in a down economy, take their children away, and place them with people who only take them in for the money they receive. Then, we hear, or read stories like these. It makes my blood boil. Never mind Hell, we need to make the Laws more severe for cretins like the two in this article. Maybe I'm wrong, but I vote for public lashings, and incarcerate them in worse conditions than they kept their victims!
I think I can assume which party you belong to, Mikey! Like they would let that pass. But I'm with you. (no matter which party you belong to)Public lashings and a prison stay where they live in beyond horrible conditions and then a one way ticket to HELL!

omeg

Mikey7a wrote: As happy that I am for these girls escaping, it breaks my heart to think of the years of therapy they will need to recover, if they ever fully do so. I see FDCF, go after families, who are simply trying to make ends meet in a down economy, take their children away, and place them with people who only take them in for the money they receive. Then, we hear, or read stories like these. It makes my blood boil. Never mind Hell, we need to make the Laws more severe for cretins like the two in this article. Maybe I'm wrong, but I vote for public lashings, and incarcerate them in worse conditions than they kept their victims!
 What can I say but..........I totally agree with you Mikey7a. Completely.Let the punishment FIT the crime.

Mikey7a

PHINSFAN NUMERO UNO
I think I can assume which party you belong to, Mikey! Like they would let that pass. But I'm with you. "
You know what is said of assuming Michele LOL! I am a card carrying Democrat, but leave OUR children alone!

Mben

Staff member
Mikey7a wrote: I think I can assume which party you belong to, Mikey! Like they would let that pass. But I'm with you. You know what is said of assuming Michele LOL! I am a card carrying Democrat, but leave OUR children alone!
Yeah, ok. I did make an a$$ outta me. lol Not meaning to throw off the story with politics either. Just saw the word vote and my brain went off in a different direction.Signed by: a non card carrying very liberal republican.
wink.gif

Last edited by a moderator: