• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

$933,080 Jackpot Won At Las Vegas Airport

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
lv.png

This slot machine at the Las Vegas airport paid out more than $933,000 to one lucky flier in March 2016. (Photo: McCarran International Airport)

Chicago O’Hare has its signature neon tunnel walkway. Los Angeles International has its signature “LAX” welcome sign and Theme Building that inspires thoughts of flying saucers.

At Las Vegas’ McCarran International Airport, it’s the rows and rows of slot machines that are among the airport’s most iconic features.

And, just last week, one of those machines paid out nearly $1 million to a lucky Las Vegas traveler.

McCarran revealed the jackpot via Twitter on Friday, saying one “lucky local won $933,080 on Wheel of Fortune slots” while flying out of the airport.

The odds of winning a $1 million airport jackpot may be long, but it does happen. Two airport visitors won jackpots of at least $1 million in 2015, when the top slots prize clocked in at nearly $1.7 million.

That’s according to the Las Vegas Review-Journal, which takes an interesting look at the airport’s gaming set-up in a story from November 2015. McCarran, which sees about 40 million passengers a year, has more than 1,300 slots machines in its terminals.

The Review-Journal estimates the Clark County Aviation Authority that runs McCarran airport took in $25.6 million in gaming revenue during the fiscal year that ended June 30.

source

Reactions: Sookie

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
I always play at the airport in Vegas while waiting for my plane, you know, one final hurrah before the plane comes to take me home lol. But I always feel like I am being a sucker and it is a tourist-y thing to do. (though that doesn't stop me)

It's kind of nice to see that a big win at the airport is possible :nod:

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
I play at LV's airport only because there is an enclosed smoking section past security that has slot machines in it. I gotta do something while I slowly kill myself. :lol:

Reactions: Sookie