• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

A New Year's resolution is something that goes in one Year and out the other!

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
How many of you have New Year's Resolutions that you are either going to make or break in the next coming year? What are they? We would love to hear them! Here are some fun New Year quotes for thought........
images-3.jpg

new-years-resolution-eat-healthy.jpg

images-3.jpg
People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas.~Author Unknown An optimist stays up until midnight to see the new year in.  A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves.~Bill Vaughan He who breaks a resolution is a weakling; He who makes one is a fool.~F.M. Knowles One resolution I have made, and try always to keep, is this:  To rise above the little things. ~John Burroughs The proper behavior all through the holiday season is to be drunk. This drunkenness culminates on New Year's Eve, when you get so drunk you kiss the person you're married to. ~P. J. O'RourkeYouth is when you're allowed to stay up late on New Year's Eve.  Middle age is when you're forced to.~Bill Vaughan Now there are more overweight people in America than average-weight people. So overweight people are now average… which means, you have met your New Year's resolution. ~Jay Leno A New Year's resolution is something that goes in one Year and out the other. ~Anonymous

images-3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Mistye81

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Maybe to finally get married this year, been engaged for 5 years now, heck, maybe I will wait another 5 years, I am not in any rush."

conniecb66

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
I have so many...but my number one is.... get my daughter to move out and live on her own and off my titty...haha..I have been saying this for a couple of years now and she is still with me. I bail her out of everything...I even moved from new york to south carolina and two weeks after I did she called me up and said she missed me and wants to come down...ohhhh yes... she is here and this is the last year...I hope..I love her but its my time now...she is in her 20's and has a very good job but loves spending money on her hunny....time to go sweetie...but I will always be here...

Mben

Staff member
Those are some great resolutions..........."
"
Quit smoking - good for your health"
Get married - good for the soul"
Kick the kid out - good for your sanity"
"
Any other resolutions??

queenmap

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
I will be quitting smoking. Not trying to, going to! Also, I want to find me a good man to be with. Happy New Year everyone!

krystalkitty

Greedy Gambler
Hey Misty....be cohabiting for 13 yrs now.....Been married 2x and they lasted 4 yrs all together LOL...Tells ya something!!!

SWEETLUMMI

Only Jackpots
no.gif
no.gif
no.gif
the other person may not wait.Mistye81 wrote: Maybe to finally get married this year, been engaged for 5 years now, heck, maybe I will wait another 5 years, I am not in any rush.

lyndalou

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Wow, some nice new years resolutions - i wish all the best on your jouneys ahead, as I plan to check off my list one by one, and certainly not in any order: "
#1 Get my DIVORCE finalized (he just needs to sing those damn papers!)"
#2 Stop Smoking (got my 15mg patches and gum a waiting)"
#3 Lose those awful dreaded last 5 lbs.(yes the ones I put on from new years through x-mas)"
#4 Work out on a daily basis (I bought a 1 year membership to the gym already)"
#5 Keep killing other rude people with kindness (I use this tool on a daily basis, and it works)"
#6 Finish my last 6 months of school in nursing (holding my own with 3.6, yes even at my age) only when i get my clearence from doc to finish my clinicals (had spinal cord surgery twice this year, first one was done improper placement)"
#7 Start spending and saving my money more wisely (putting a jar next to my computer, for every cig I would have had, put $1.00 in------wow am I gonna be rich!)"
#8 Finding that darn cash out button more often (now that i have finally found it, twice this past year, and got paid really fast, it surely feels great!)"
#9 Being truer to myself as I am to others!"
#10 Really doing what is on #'s 1 -10!"
"
This really seems silly to mark just one day to start a new, but hey, if it works, why not!? So Mben or Krystalkitty, any good words of wisdom to pass onto me?

lyndalou

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Correction on #1 he doesn't have to sing those papers, just sign them then i'll be doing all the singing! LOL yes, even my way to the bank! oh, thats where #7 comes in also!!!

conniecb66

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Boy does that sound so harsh....Kick my did out... I didnt mean to sound hard or don't care but yes I do need my sanity...If you have an adult kid living with you in the 20's and has a 4 year old of her own you would understand...she needs to grow up and take care of her own insteaad of taking care of her boyfriend....we are a loving family but now time for my husband and I to enjoy our lives as we are not getting any younger....Happy New Year To All....

Mben

Staff member
conniecb66 wrote: Boy does that sound so harsh.... LOL connie! I'm sorry I didn't mean to make it sound that way at all. I definately am on your side!! I have a daughter in her 20's also and if she was still here with me, I would have made the same resolution!! LOLI am just thankful that as soon as she turned 18, she left home. Being my only child, she has been very independant because mom was not home alot of her life. I was always at work or something. She got her first job at 16, her first checking account at 16 and has gone forward from there. I think I was still playing with Barbie Dolls at 16!! ROFL!!She has come back home for just a couple of months at a time (once with the father of her son) but left as soon as they found a place of their own.So like I said, I am on your side because if my kid was here with me know, I'd be kicking her out too! LOLHappy New Year!!

Mben

Staff member
lyndalou wrote: So Mben or Krystalkitty, any good words of wisdom to pass onto me? lyndalou...........I have no words of wisdom! LOLThat was an impressive list of resolutions and I hope you follow through with at least half of it.I don't make resolutions. Never have and probably never will. You are right about choosing the new year to make resolutions. If we had the mind set or will power to change things, we can make that decision on any day of the year. My problem is I never have the will power. So........l!! Good luck to you and if you only follow through with one thing on your list, you're a better woman than me!! LOL