• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Aaugghhh!

chillymellow

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Just a bit overwhelmed. Brought in some housemates recently, and it's been good. They came from Houston during the hurricane.
Then my husband moved out and it's been so good. No drama or crying for months.
Then the housemates lost their jobs, so the money got tight. But they went to work painting and got to keep their car payments up and pay for food and stuff so it was getting better again.
Then the guy got taken in for warrants back from Houston a couple of days ago. So the girl called for another friend to come help do the painting jobs.
He is supposed to get here today on the bus.
She went to work yesterday, but didn't get home. And she's not answering texts. I am assuming everything is ok, she was working late and with her boyfriend's brother and maybe stayed there, phone battery died, etc...
Here's my major problem that I hope isn't going to be a problem:
Buddy, the pitbull, who is kennel trained and in her bedroom in a cage.
He doesn't know me, but he has seen me. He has been in there alone since yesterday morning. He has messed two trips outside, and I don't know if he has food and water.
I so want to help him out but though he seems a sweet guy, I'm an old lady who is not all that comfortable around dogs in general.
Hoping my housemate shows up after work today but OMG I am so stressing and crying about Buddy the dog!!!

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
Oh man, chilly! It's bad enough to worry about a missing roommate ... and now her dog?

I know how you feel about wanting to help Buddy out, but are hesitant. I'm ok with dogs, but my daughter has a Pitbull and a Mastiff. I have been around them a lot, but am still leery of them when I am alone watching the grandkids and their house at any given time. Part of my job is to feed and water the dogs while I'm there. They are fine together, but once they smell food, and if they are loose in the yard together, the Mastiff gets a hair up its butt and he goes after the Pitbull. Full blown dog fight! Scares the crap out of me. We all know to feed them separately since that started happening.

Buddy needs to eat so just be careful when you do feed him. Missing trips outside sucks, but without you taking a strange dog out of the cage to go outside, what can you do?

PMM

Oh my chilly, that is a awful situation. Poor you and poor Buddy the dog.

I will decline giving advice on how to handle a dog, as I don't know the dog either, and I don't want to see you get hurt.

I'll send prayers for your roommates return, and for your stress level to decrease.

Hopefully Buddy's Mom will arrive home safely.

Reactions: chillymellow

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Klimek