1. Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

\APRIL SHOWERS BRING MAY FLOWERS\ FREE TO ENTER CONTEST! ~ $50 CASH PRIZE! ~ CLOSES 5-8-13

Discussion in 'CLOSED FORUM CONTESTS' started by Mben, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Mben

Mben No Deposit Forum Admin Staff Member

[​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2014
  2. queenmap

queenmap WELL KNOWN MEMBER

I will start this off by saying my mother is a beautiful person. I don't know what I would do if I lost her. She is on oxygen 24/7 and has been through a lot in the last couple years of having to be intubated twice now and we thought we would lose her. She fought it and won and now is doing very good for someone living with COPD.I am so very grateful for her. Happy Mother's Day! I pick the carnation as the flower and pick #4123
  3. daremeto

daremeto WELL KNOWN MEMBER

my mother passed away about three years ago. we didn't get along that well and it had been 13 years since i had seen her, we had spoken on the phone several times but we just couldn't work it where we could visit her. she had a stroke and i left withing the hour of getting the call but by the time i got there she had passed away. Happy mothers day mom, I love you!i pick the rose2117
  4. IWANTTOWIN

IWANTTOWIN Banned

I DONT KNOW WHAT ID DO WITHOUT MY MOM,,EVEN THOUGH WE FIGHT ALOT ITS BECAUSE IM SOOO MUCH LIKE HER.I PUT THIS WOMAN THROUGH HELL AND BACK WITH THE CHOICES IVE MADE IN MY LIFE.IM SORRY NOW THAT IM A MOTHER AND GRANDMOM NOW BUT EVEN IF I DONT WIN THIS CONTEST,,THANK YOU MOM,,FOR ALWAYS LOVING ME AND HELPING ME..YOUR MY BEST FRIEND.I PINK SUNFLOWER..MOM YOU SHINE LIKE THE SUN8174 TY FOR THE NICE CONTEST GL ALL
  5. omeg

omeg NEW MEMBER

These are absolutley fantastic first entries into out new contest.  Thanks queenmap, daremeto, and IWANTTOWIN for your entires.:roll::roll:
  6. Mben

Thank you all for sharing your stories about your mom! They are full of LOVE! :heart:My mother and I had a slight cultural difference and I don't feel we were as close as we could have been but nevertheless, she was the most amazing woman in the world! She could do anything! Anything she put her mind to came out a masterpiece! She was a loving mother and very devoted wife. My family and I miss her more than words can describe! /download.spark?ID=1293921&aBID=89469 -- Edited by Mben on Wednesday 8th of May 2013 12:43:57 PM
  7. robsmom

robsmom WELL KNOWN MEMBER

My mother has been gone 20 years now and I miss her every day. She was my best friend and the person I could talk to about anything. My mom was caught between generations. She was happy that women my age had the option of not having kids. Yet, her own belief was strongly that having children is why we are put on this planet. Once, a friend of my sisters was married and had a child born with many medical problems. The baby only lived for a few months and , of course it was heart wrenching when the baby died. She had also had a couple of miscarriages. About 6 months later, the friend was talking to my sister and I and told us that she was ready to give up on kids but our mother talked her in to trying again. She wanted to feel the way my mom felt. Our mother convinced her that the experience of having children was worth trying at least one more time. My number is 1195
  8. Mben

What a heartfelt story, robsmom. Thanks for sharing. Can I ask if your sister's friend ended up having children? Also, what flower do you think we planted? 
  9. krystalkitty

krystalkitty Greedy Gambler

I could write a book about my Mom, but will keep it short and simple:) I am so very Thankful for her! She was a nanny until she was 72 yrs old. Can U imagine? Not me lol Now she is retired and is 76 and living it up in Largo, FL! 3931 Lilac
  10. omeg

omeg NEW MEMBER

These stories are fantastic. Thanks robsmom and krystalkitty for the stories about your Mom's and entering our contest. :roll:Kitty, what your Mom is doing in Florida is what I wish for all Mom's to be able to do. Relax and enjoy life, they have earned it.Mom's Rule.                                                                                                                                           Pam
  11. omeg

omeg NEW MEMBER

I have just a few memories of my Mother, and as I grow older, they become more faint with time. I lost my Mother at 12 years old.  She was 41.While she was here, she was a Mother to five children.I remember things like a wonderful dinner waiting when I got off the bus each day from school. I remember watching TV with her late into the night when I should of been in bed. It was out special time together.I remember going to the beach with her and her teaching me how to swim. She taught me so much.Likely my most cherished memory is her dancing with my baby brother in the living room of our small home. After having 4 girls, she finally had a baby boy, and her life was complete. She was incredibly happy.I have her laugh, her eyes, and her smile.After 33 years, I still miss her each day.  Wishing I could call her up and chat about things going on.Mothers are simply precious, and a incredible gift that are meant to be cherished.I love you Mom.                                                                                                                      Pam   
  12. Mben

Thanks for entering, krystalkitty! We all could probably write pages and pages about our moms. And your mom probably could write pages and pages about her nanny experiences! :teddy: I applaud her! :bigclap;
  13. Mben

Thanks for entering, krystalkitty!We all could probably write pages and pages about our moms. And your mom probably could write pages and pages about her nanny experiences! :teddy: I applaud her! :bigclap:
  14. slotgal47

slotgal47 WELL KNOWN MEMBER

My mom is like my best friend, well I would actually say she is. She is the only one I talk to daily everyday besides my kids and husband. She has been through a lot and a lot of losses. She lost her father, her mother and her husband (my dad) within a couple of years apart, then one of my brothers and a great great grandchild. She seen me through two open heart surgeries and she had back surgery and a couple of other surgeries on her shoulder and knee and she is 74 years old. My surviving brothers are not here with us in our home state so she basically just has me and my other brother and sister who she can't depend on at all. So basically it's just me and her. She does so much for people around her, her neighbors and church family. Visits people she barely knows in the hospitals when they are sick, bake for them and whatever she needs to do to help out. She does this without complaints. So strong, so amazing, that's my mother. And I love her.3863 Carnation
  15. robsmom

robsmom WELL KNOWN MEMBER

Yes, Mben .. my sister's friend ended up having 2 children. And, I'm hoping you planted Tulips..
  16. omeg

omeg NEW MEMBER

slotgal47, your Mother sounds simply amazing.  Bless her heart for being so strong when things get tuff, and for her amazing generosity to others. :roll: 
  17. slotgal47

slotgal47 WELL KNOWN MEMBER

Thank you Pam.[​IMG]
  18. Mben

And all because of your mother's encouragement. That's great! :roll:
  19. Mben

slotgal, your mom has a warm and caring heart and I am glad that you and her have such a close relationship. :floating:
  20. toddb2842

toddb2842 NEW MEMBER

My mother passed away several years ago and in her memory I went and saw Wayne Newton because she always wanted to see him and when I got there they did not have my tickets, and I explained why I was even seeing Wayne Newton and they have me front row seats and I even got to meet him. I firmly believe that my mother had her hand in that and I believe she was there with me and wanted those front row seats and thats how I was able to get them and they were even FREE. My mother was a great lady and I miss her every day. The flower I think is Lilac and lucky 4 digit number 1940
  21. omeg

omeg NEW MEMBER

Oh, what an amazing story toddb2842. I have no doubt your Mom was watching. How wonderful that must of been to enjoy the show on her behalf from the front row.Thanks so much for sharing your story. :roll:
  22. helwin

helwin WELL KNOWN MEMBER

I want my mommy! I am stuck in Fresno caregiver of husband with diabetes and stroke. Been trying to go to Tahoe to see my mom for 7 years. We talk on the phone and she understands. I miss her so much. I am screwing up big time. Wonder if I'm purposely doing it to go see her? Wish I could be more like her, but responsibility doesn't look good on me. I pray she holds on till I get my butt up there.
  23. Mben

toddb2842, what a great story! It's comforting when you feel things that happen in your life are because loved ones are watching over you. :floating:helwin, you crack me up! LOL If your mother has scolded you for not making over to see her, I am going to scold you also! But not for not going to see her (well yes, that too) but for not posting a lucky number pick and a flower choice! :eek:mfg:
  24. flaflash99

flaflash99 WELL KNOWN MEMBER

WOW you all are trying to make me cry Mben those are some wonderful pictures of your mother she must of been an amazing woman i know mine is after the crap i have done in the past to say the least i was a wild and crazy adolesent but she never gave up on me i believe it has made my relationship a lot stronger with her and now i dont know what i would do without her cant even imagine life without her in it .She raised 4 boys all alone my father went in the service 1968 and never came home his sorry ass could of at least called or something but latter found out he came back in 1970 and was married to two other women . My mother never married again so she raised all four of us with very little money but a lot of LOVE I waited 25 years to finaly find out what or why from my father and the only answer i got was things were different then son my mother never said anything neg about my father but we knew so my last words with my father came when i was a father a man were i thank you he said why son my reply your lack of has made me a better father goodbye. that is when my mother and my relationship got stronger and thank her every day 4 just being herself she and i are the closest than all my brothers don't get me wrong she loves all of us but our relationship is strong i tell her everything spent 18 years hoping she wouldn't catch me screwing up talk to are you kidding she would have to pry out a good morning now we have dinner together with my grandmother at least every other day SHE IS SOMETHING ELSE ONE OF A KIND # 2407 and all the flowers are beautiful but i would have to say its the time of the year TULIPS my mothers favorite flower
  25. omeg

omeg NEW MEMBER

flaflash...Your Mother sounds like a very strong woman. To have to go thru what she went thru, and to come thru it with flying colors. She sounds amazing. I am so happy when I read these stories of how close folks are with there Mother.Mothers are truely a gift, and their wisdom and patience are something no one can deny.:roll:Bless her heart for being so wonderful.
  26. lauralaten

lauralaten WELL KNOWN MEMBER

My mom died quite a few years ago. I still get there will never be anyone like your mom She fed the neighorhood during the depression, laughed loud enough to wake the dead, and smothered the kids with her giant hugs and big boobs. My father was a hunter and shared all her delicious game meals with everyone. All cooked and hot. My dad was a barber in the navy and gave all the kids free haircuts at mom's insistance. She worked as a dressmaker, had 5 kids, and took care of her mother. We had a garden right in the city and she furnished the neighborhood with all their veggies.I pick sunflowernos. 9998
  27. omeg

omeg NEW MEMBER

lauralaten...Arent memories a wonderful thing? To be able to think back so fondly about your Mother. She sounds absolutley wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing.:yourock:
  28. omeg

omeg NEW MEMBER

Hi gang:Sure would love to read more stories.This contest is a NO deposit contest.Just tell us about your Mother, pick the flower you think we planted, and a 4 digit lucky number pick.Thats it.....Your in. :roll:Keep those stories coming.
  29. Mben

flaflash and lauralaten, I loved reading your stories! Both of your moms sound like they are/were the most wonderful women in the world and the love you have for them shines through your stories! :grandma: = :heart:Thank you both for entering and good luck!
  30. luckyirishgirl

luckyirishgirl WELL KNOWN MEMBER

I have the best mom. When I was born, my parents split up, and my mom and I lived with my grandparents. They were divorced for 2 years while my dad moved to california for work. (we live in pennsylvania) After 2 years of my mom working 3 jobs, my dad moved home and they got back together! they are still together 38 years later! Love my mom!Ill pick the lilac1791