1. Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

\APRIL SHOWERS BRING MAY FLOWERS\ FREE TO ENTER CONTEST! ~ $50 CASH PRIZE! ~ CLOSES 5-8-13

Discussion in 'CLOSED FORUM CONTESTS' started by Mben, Apr 7, 2013.

1. omeg

omeg NEW MEMBER

I just love things with a happy ending. :roll:Thanks for entering luckyirishgirl. :yourock:
  2. Mben

Mben No Deposit Forum Admin Staff Member

Thanks for entering the contest, luckyirishgirl! :smile:I agree with Pam. Stories with happy endings are always the best! :thumb:
  3. Mben

Are there anymore great stories about your moms out there? If so, enter and stand a chance to win $50! :roll:
  4. CATLICKER

CATLICKER WELL KNOWN MEMBER

I was a test tube baby. 4-4-4-4
  5. CATLICKER

CATLICKER WELL KNOWN MEMBER

OOps, forgot my tulip with my 4-4-4-4. Thank You
  6. Mben

You crack me up, catlicker! :laughhard:Thanks for entering!
  7. omeg

omeg NEW MEMBER

:lol:
  8. nikkidog

nikkidog WELL KNOWN MEMBER

I was very forunate to have my Mom with me until she was 93 years old and still very active for her age, until she fell and broke her hip and then she passed away 2 weeks after that.   I was the baby of the family. She had me at 39 years old.  My brother is 21 years older than me and she had me when my sister was 15 years old.  My Dad passed away when I was 21 years old, so it was just me and my Mom . My brother married when I was five years old and lived in our home town. My sister married when I was 11 and moved to Saten Island.   We were vey close and extremely close to my 3 children.  She baby sat for them when I was working and always had a meal for me to take home when my husband or myself picked them up. I am really greatfull that my children have  many  fond menories of her .  They were the love of her life,  and she called then her angels from heaven.   We love and miss you Mom.  Her name was Rose. So the ROSE is the flower I pick.  #1945
  9. omeg

omeg NEW MEMBER

Oh nikkidog...What a beautiful story.She was everything a Mother ought to be. :roll:God Bless her. Having your Mom till 93 years of age is such a blessing.  So many memories. Thanks for sharing.
  10. Mben

nikki, with such differences in you and your siblings ages, I can see how you were your mother's baby, baby for all of her 93 wonderful years! Thank you for entering! And CATLICKER, even test tube babies have mothers, don't they? Well, that's not true. They have a doner while the mother could be long gone. Whether you did or not, I think it is sad when a child has to grow up in the world without knowing the love of a mother or a father. I'm hoping you were raised by a loving mother or someone who stepped in and took on the awesome responsibility of raising you!
  11. Mben

nikki, with such differences in age that you and your siblings had, I can see how you were your mother's baby, baby and were as close as you were for all of her 93 wonderful years! Thank you for entering!And CATLICKER, even test tube babies have mothers, don't they? Well, that's not true. They have a doner while the mother could be long gone. Whether you did or not, I think it is sad when a child has to grow up in the world without knowing the love of a mother or a father. I'm hoping you were raised by a loving mother or someone who stepped in and took on the awesome responsibility of raising you!
  12. kimmie110

kimmie110 NEW MEMBER

can anybody tell me how to get into this contest please:roll:
  13. omeg

omeg NEW MEMBER

Hi there:All you need to do is tell us about your Mom in a short story,  then pick the flower you think has been planted by Belgamo, Mben and myself, and give us a 4 digit lucky number pick. :roll:Thats it. :roll: Good Luck to you.
  14. Mben

And no , I don't think your were an actual test tube baby! :lol:
  15. Mikey7a

Mikey7a PHINSFAN NUMERO UNO

My Mom, man I could write a novel about my mother and I lol. I am the oldest of six kids. I imagine that might be why all my siblings say I was her favorite. As a boy, I watched game shows with her, was the one that went everywhere with her, like the late night laundry back in Miami in the late 60's. Like to the dog track, yes mom gambled a bit...wonder where I got the bug from? lol. Before you think I was a momma's boy, let me tell you, no one, I mean no one was tougher on me than my mom. To explain, when I went to USMC Boot Camp, and the DI's would get right in my face, spitting, growling, trying to scare me, it was all I could do, to keep from bursting into laughter. Sadly, mom was diagnosed schitzophrenic, and to most was a bit crazy. Notto me though, I got her . Doesn't mean I never had to let's say defend myself lol, but I knew she loved us all very much.As abusive as she could be, let there be no mistake, no one I mean NO one had better have messed with any of her kids!In second grade, I had a very mean teacher, who tried to alter my handwriting from left to right. I came home crying one day, mom asked what was the matter? In Through tears, I told her Mrs. Goddard (still remember the witch) had told me that if I didn't start writing Right handed, and didn't get good at it real soon, she was going to have her Police Officer husband, come to school, and take me to jail!Well, about 9:30am the next day, my MOM shows up in my classroom. By the time it was over, the Principal, 2 male teachers, and Mrs. Goddard were ALL backed into a corner by my Champion lmao! Mom spent her last 5 years living with us, we lost her in 2005 to a brain tumor. After reading this, don't see her in a bad light please,she was truly my very best friend, and I miss her every day!Sorry for the novel lol.1437 and Sunflower as it was her favorite. Thanks!
  16. K5M38

K5M38 WELL KNOWN MEMBER

My Mom was a gourmet cook and worked hard giving us kids all the best.I miss her cooking.Flower-Rose#3458
  17. trishobryan

trishobryan WELL KNOWN MEMBER

My mom and I were talking one day, about the memories I had of spending time with my dad who had passed away, she asked me, do you have any memories of me like the ones of your dad? I said yes, as a child my mother and I spent hours at the coffee table putting puzzles together and playing double solitaire. We didn't go on great vacations, or do lots of stuff, and I haven't seen her in the past 10yrs, but we do talk on the phone. She asked me if there is anything I have ever learned from her, something different that sticks with me.......I said of course, when you taught me how to mount up and ride the broom, it was my most treasured gift! She said up straight and proudly stated, If that is the only thing I ever give you, that is the thing that will get you the farthest in life, and I am proud to have taught you properly! I miss her and we are planning a trip to see her very soon!What an awesome contest! Thanks guys!I choose lilacs, and my numbers are 1736
  18. omeg

omeg NEW MEMBER

Mikey7a..What a heartfelt story you wrote. I see your Mom much like my own. A Mother who had challenges, but loved her kids tremendously and did the best she could each day. :roll:It is easy for Mothers to become our Heros. They do so much, sometimes with little, and make it look easy.Thank you so much for sharing this story.  It touched me very much.                                                                                       Pam
  19. omeg

omeg NEW MEMBER

Hi there trishobryan...First off, it broke my heart that you have not seen your Mom in 10 yrs. I hope that you get to see her very soon. Make some new memories, and have some fun together.Reading your story, I could picture you and her sitting at the table putting puzzles together, and playing games.  When we spend time with loved ones, it doesnt have to be anything extrodinary happening. All the magic is simply being together.Mounting up and riding the broom properly, it made me laugh out loud.Where does your Mother live? Is it a long trip to see her?                                                                                                                          Pam 
  20. omeg

omeg NEW MEMBER

Oh, what a fine memory of her cooking K5M38. I think most of us do look back fondly when it comes to our Mothers cooking. I know I do. Sadly, I did not inherit such a talent for my own kitchen. hahahaThanks for entering the contest...Good Luck.                                                          Pam
  21. Mben

Thanks for all the new entries! :heart: The love you have for all your mothers shines through each and every one of your stories! :heart:
  22. Mben

This contest closes tomorrow night at 7 PM EST. Do we have any more members who would like to share a story about their mom and stand the chance to win $50 or even $60 cash? :grandma: + :flowerpot: = :heart:
  23. Mben

This contest closes tonight, gang! Get your entries in now if you want to win some cash! :nod:
  24. IWANTTOWIN

IWANTTOWIN Banned

gl all! i knowi sure can use it!
  25. Mben

[​IMG] CONGRATULATIONS TO ........ IWANTTOWIN #'s - 8174 :dollarsign: You are the winner of $50 cash! :dollarsign: :bigclap: Way To Go! :bigclap:    FL State PLAY 4 Evening Lotto #'s 8 - 5 - 7 - 2 (winning flower was the Tulip) -- Edited by Mben on Wednesday 8th of May 2013 07:15:39 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2014
  26. nikkidog

nikkidog WELL KNOWN MEMBER

Congrats on you win. Good Luck.:dollarsign::thumb:
  27. IWANTTOWIN

IWANTTOWIN Banned

TY NIKKI! AND THANKS TO NDF,,YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!HUGS!!!!!
  28. omeg

omeg NEW MEMBER

Please PM me your PAYPAL Addy I WANTTOWIN. :roll:
  29. IWANTTOWIN

IWANTTOWIN Banned

NP HUN I DID AND ALSO TO MICHELLE