• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Are you ready for an incredibly bizarre story?

PSP

Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds
As many of you already know, I'm a car guy - always have loved to play with cars. Back in the late 80s / early 90s, I got into an older car phase that I bought to restore and drive. Over those years, I had a 1952 Hudson Hornet, a 1952 Buick Roadmaster, a 1955 Hudson Super Jet, a mid 50s Metropolitan, and others - but the one that I spent the most time restoring was a 1955 Studebaker Champion.It looked just like this when i got it, but really thrashed
1955-Studebaker-Green-fa-wt-sy.jpg
It was cool, but ugly the way it was. At the time, I was installing business phone systems and i got a call from a high end body shop looking for a phone system. A deal was worked out where they would restore the outside in exchange for the phone system - pretty cool, eh? I had it painted a really cool red with a white top - it was seriously cool!Just like most other things, you tire of your toys and start looking for something else, so I listed the car in the Recycler in the LA area - the best place to sell something like that at the time. A couple of days later, I get a call from kind of a spacey guy who wants to come look at it. when he comes by, he's a little strange to say the least. He was in a band i had never heard of, but it turns out later that they were a pretty big deal - the band was called Husker Du. The guy is absolutely thrilled with the car and buys it that night and drives away.Fast forward 20+ years - I was watching a thing on VH-1 about bands from the 80s and 90s and they start talking about Husker Du. That gets my attention. Then they start talking to the drummer and start talking about his love for his classic Studebaker ...It's MY CAR!!!!Check out this video starting around 2:37[video=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNf2VAjbmn0&feature=player_embedded]He still uses the car in posters for his new band and still has the car - how cool is that![/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
For real .. HOW COOL IS THAT?!?!? Wow! That had to be a moment for you when you saw your car in that video, PSP! So did the drummer change anything to the exterior ........ what you had done by the phone system guy?

omeg

That is WAYYYYYY cool for sure PSP.  What are the chances you know?I'll be darned. :roll:Another fantastic story from you PSP. I enjoy your stories so much.                                                                                                Pam