1. Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Banning Members With Duplicate IPs

Discussion in 'GENERAL DISCUSSION' started by Mben, Jun 19, 2017 at 1:32 PM.

1. Mben

Mben No Deposit Forum Admin Staff Member

I am not sure why we have had a slew of new members sign up and come to find out they are using the same IP address with the same MO ... posting in the introduce yourself thread, and other misc threads with no gambling posts made whatsoever.

I have banned and deleted accounts I have found that are using the same IP address with the same MO. I know there are members here who are related and live in the same house, hence the same IP. It's the new members I am targeting.

When new members are logging in from the same IP, and then act like they don't know each other on the forums, it raises an eyebrow.

Am I jumping the gun or is it getting old? I probably wouldn't have a problem with it if they contributed to the forum with what we are all really here for ... online gambling.

Seasoned members let me know your thoughts please. I have an itchy ban finger, but will listen to you and your opinions about the matter. Thanks!
    PMM likes this.
  2. PMM

PMM No Deposit Forum Moderator Staff Member

I don't understand the motive behind it I guess. Why would a member need more than one account? Why would someone want to be a member if they have no knowledge of gambling online?

Mben & I fight to have enough time to get it all done, everything we want to do for our members is always a driving force here at our forum. The duplicate members fill up the forum with useless info, and it takes time to not only sort thru it, but delete it and ban members.
    I am not speaking of good members that only stop in once in a while. We appreciate all our members. However, I believe these members that are making accounts just to make another account and pull old threads from 2012 to respond know who they are.

I know other contributing members, as well as our guests come here to read, learn and contribute when possible.

These new members do not have any of that in mind, in my opinion.
    Ivar6353 and Mben like this.
  3. momin95

momin95 WELL KNOWN MEMBER

4. Ingvar Nilsson

Ingvar Nilsson NEW MEMBER