• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Belmont Stakes - June 6th, 2015 - We May See A Triple Crown!

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
american-pharoah.jpg

It’s not an exaggeration to say that when American Pharoah thunders down Belmont Park’s homestretch Saturday evening, he will be carrying the hopes of millions who want to see him become the first Triple Crown winner in 37 years. Millions of dollars will be riding on his back, too: when California Chrome ran for the crown last year, bettors at Belmont Park wagered $7.8 million on his race alone; another $83 million was wagered by fans watching at other tracks simulcasting the race. Similar amounts of money could flow through the betting windows on Saturday.

source

Current odds as of

1. Mubtaahij - 14-1
2. Tale of Verve - 20-1
3. Madefromlucky - 14-1
4. Frammento - 40-1
5. American Pharoah - 5-7
6. Frosted - 6-1
7. Keen Ice - 25-1
8. Materiality - 13-2

Reactions: Sookie

irishgilly

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
View attachment 984

It’s not an exaggeration to say that when American Pharoah thunders down Belmont Park’s homestretch Saturday evening, he will be carrying the hopes of millions who want to see him become the first Triple Crown winner in 37 years. Millions of dollars will be riding on his back, too: when California Chrome ran for the crown last year, bettors at Belmont Park wagered $7.8 million on his race alone; another $83 million was wagered by fans watching at other tracks simulcasting the race. Similar amounts of money could flow through the betting windows on Saturday.

source

Current odds as of

1. Mubtaahij - 14-1
2. Tale of Verve - 20-1
3. Madefromlucky - 14-1
4. Frammento - 40-1
5. American Pharoah - 5-7
6. Frosted - 6-1
7. Keen Ice - 25-1
8. Materiality - 13-2
I found out yesterday that American Pharoah is the great- great- great- (don't know how many greats) grandson of Secretariat! Makes one wonder just how much this will influence those who are betting on a triple crown winner here! I bet it influences the betters a great deal though, I can say for sure that it has influenced my opinion! This is a truly exciting year for the race for the triple crown!

Reactions: Mben

irishgilly

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
:bigclap: And I get to go to the horse track for the first time ever tomorrow! :maddance:
Wow! That's cool! Well when you place that bet, remember that American Pharoah is a descendant of the great Secretariat! That knowledge would definitely have a bearing on my bet!
Good Luck Sookie!! I am green with envy that I will not be there, and for so many reasons. I am originally from Ct., and upstate N.Y. was our fav vacation spot for years! Have a blast and get lucky too!

Reactions: Mben

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
American Pharoah is of course my favorite but I didn't know he was a descendant of the great Secretariat!

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
I found out yesterday that American Pharoah is the great- great- great- (don't know how many greats) grandson of Secretariat!
I didn't know that. It does make this attempt at the Crown that much for interesting. :thumb:

Thanks for sharing, irishgilly!

American Pharoah is not my favorite. I want him to win for the Crown but if he comes in 1st, 2nd or 3rd along with 2 of my other horses, I'll be a happy camper.

There's no money to be made on picking a favored horse to win. The payout is peanuts. Mix it in with a long shot and then you hit pay dirt!

Reactions: Sookie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdamClarson