• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Breast Cancer

I_am_Loni

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
I am proud to say that I am a breast cancer survivor! Found it early through routine mammograms and diligent doctors, had the surgery on Oct. 1, 2013, had 42 radiation treatments (I chose no chemo; took me TOO long to get my hair this long!) and the doctors tell me I no longer have the cancer.  So . . . . WHOO HOOO! and I am sorry for any others out there who are going through this, who don't have it as easy as I make it seem. We find our strengths in the hardest of times, but it just should not be this hard, right ? Be well all, Loni

Last edited by a moderator:

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
I am so very happy for you Loni. What wonderful news! My grandmother was a breast cancer survivor as well, and I lost my other grandmother to another type of cancer. And I have several friends that are battling cancer right now. Beating it definitely calls for some celebrating! WAY TO KICK CANCER'S BUTT!  

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
There are no words to express the true happiness I feel for you, Loni! You are ... You beat cancer .... WAY TO GO!! One of grandmothers passed away from cancer also. My dad was only 13 when she passed.

I_am_Loni

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Thank you guys so much . . . . I just wish there were more stories like mine, but I cried every time I had to go to the Cancer Center for my radiation treatments (which was Monday through Friday, for eight weeks (40 treatments)), because so many other (almost all of them) were wearing scarves, and looked soooo tired because of the chemo, which I did not have. It broke my heart to see those sicker than me.  I felt guilty thanking God for sparing me the pain so many others were enduring.  But I guess He gave me a break on this because of all the other trauma I've had. In fact, I KNOW I'm going to heaven because I have done my time in hell, as have so many others. Anyway, be well, and embrace every day!  Loni