• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

California Chrome Hoping To Win Again At The 139th Preakness Stakes

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
hi-res-c2e0a8aff342c7ebe0c288da4dad7e00_crop_north.jpg
After one of the most exciting editions of the Kentucky Derby in recent memory, winner California Chrome will try to keep his Triple Crown hopes alive at the 2014 Preakness Stakes from Pimlico Race   Where : Pimlico Race Course, Baltimore, Maryland When : Saturday, May 17 Post Time : 6:18 p.m. ET TV : NBC (coverage begins at 4:30 p.m. ET) Live Stream : <a href="http://stream.nbcsports.com/liveextra/" >NBC Sports Live Extra</a> The 2014 Preakness Stakes is just around the corner, with the field set and the post positions picked for Saturday's big race. Will California Chrome pick up another win and set up a Triple Crown run in two weeks -- along with all the hype that comes with it?Here's a look at the latest odds as of Thursday morning according to the Preakness' site (ordered by the thoroughbreds' positions):1. Dynamic Impact (12-1)2. General a Rod (15-1)3. California Chrome (3-5)4. Ring Weekend (20-1)5. Bayern (10-1)6. Ria Antonia (30-1)7. Kid Cruz (20-1)8. Social Inclusion (5-1)9. Pablo Del Monte (20-1)10. Ride On Curlin (10-1)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mben

Staff member
Ok, so I am gonna play it a bit safe this race and I am going with an Exacta Key - Box #3 over all.This means that I have chosen #3 California Chrome to come in first or second over all the rest of the horses in whatever order they come in.I was going to do an Exacta Key Wheel. That would be a wager where I choose #3 to come in first and the rest of the horses can place in any order behind him. But because no matter how strong California Chrome is, there's always a chance he won't come in first. I like the odds that he will come in first or second.The best result for me would be #3 California Chrome and #6 Ria Antonia placing 1st and 2nd. Come on 3 6!What bets are you all going to make?  Exacta key-wheel : This type of bet is made when one horse is keyed, or singled out, to win over more than one horse to finish second. An exacta key-wheel bet of 4 with (or over) 5, 6, and 7 is a bet that the 4 will win and either the 5, 6, or 7 will finish second. So, if the race finishes 4-5, 4-6, or 4-7 you win. The price of this bet is determined by the amount of horses underneath the key horse. The above bet would cost $3 for every dollar wagered. Exacta key-box : This is similar to the key-wheel, except the horse that is keyed can finish first or second to the horses underneath. An exacta key-box bet of 4 with the 5, 6, and 7 is a bet that the 4 will win or come second to the 5, 6 and 7. So, if the race finishes 4-5, 4-6, 4-7, 5-4, 6-4, or 7-4 you win. The difference between the exacta key-box and the exacta box is that in this instance if the race finishes 5-6, you lose. Price is determined by multiplying the number of horses underneath the keyed horse by 2. The above bet of an exacta key-box 4 with 5,6,7 would cost you $6 for every dollar wagered. 

Mben

Staff member
With people placing their bets today, the odds have changed dramatically. #6 Ria Antonia, is now 17-1 and #9 Pablo Del Monte, is now 60-1. Wow! I won big time with the favored coming in 1st and a 34-1 long shot coming in 2nd in last year's Kentucky Derby.I'd love for the #9 to come in 2nd in this race with #3 in 1st. Anyway, my bets are placed.I hope you all enjoy the race and win BIG!
inline-giddyup.jpg

Mben

Staff member
So my bet was $18 and I won $9 back on the Preakness. Here are the results. You can see by the payout why it didn't pay good. All the favorites came in. 2014 Preakness Stakes Payouts Horse     Win     Place     Show California Chrome                                   $3.00     $3.00     $2.40Ride on Curlin                                                -     $5.60     $3.80Social Inclusion                                                     -     -     $3.40  After the Preakness, my friend and I went to put some money down on dogs at the OTB place we go to. I hit $67 on my last dog race after only spending $12 of my money. (He always slips me exactly $36 of his money to go race with that I play first. Silly dude. lol) BUT CHECK THIS OUT! My friend and I (I put in $2 on the $12 bet) placed a walk out the door blind bet at the OTB as we we leaving. We would check the results later by calling. After checking the winners for that race from home about midnight (and after a few cold ones) we could not believe what we heard. We had to play the race results 3 times before we believed it. (and then 2 more times yesterday morning lol) We played an Exacta box on 1, 3, 5, 7 and the winners were 3, 7, 6, 8. The 3's odds was 71 to 1 ! The Quinella paid $71 and the Exacta paid $648!!! Wooo hoooo! We were so lucky that the Exacta bet was placed and not the Quinella. Because I put in $2 on that bet, I made $100 off of that race! All in all it was a good racing day for me.:woohoo:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cryptkeeper