Daily fantasy sports sites saw reduced participation in their marquee NFL contests this weekend, suggesting the relentless march of negative publicity is beginning to take its toll. According to UK-based analysts SuperLobby, entry fees for the NFL Week 5 guaranteed prize pools (GPP) on DraftKings came to $22.9m, down 12% from Week 4. FanDuel’s NFL GPP fees were down just over 3% to $19.9m. The declines mark the first week-to-week decrease for both sites so far this NFL season. Total NFL GPP entries across all DFS operators were 7.3m, down over 6% from Week 4. DraftKings’ total number of paid GPP entries fell 9% to 3.76m while FanDuel suffered a 3% dip to 3.27m. DraftKings’ $7m Millionaire Maker tournament suffered a 10% drop in entries to 353k while FanDuel’s NFL Sunday Million was basically flat at 229k. Both sites’ marquee contests took in more entry revenue than they paid out, although SuperLobby’s data doesn’t take into account DFS operators’ promotional free entries. SuperLobby also doesn’t report DFS operators’ cash games revenue. Both DraftKings and FanDuel have now reduced the guaranteed payout in their Week 6 NFL contests by $1m apiece. DraftKings’ Millionaire Maker will still offer its winner a $1m payday but the overall payout will be $6m, while FanDuel’s NFL Sunday Million will pay out a total of $4m and its overall winner will receive $500k rather than $1m. Continue reading here.