1. Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Don't Be A Slave To Your Negative Feelings

Discussion in 'MODS CORNER' started by Jewels, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Jewels

Jewels WELL KNOWN MEMBER

Don't Be A Slave To Your Negative Feelings

By Amberly Ashton

We've all done it or know someone who has held on to an object, never using it because we were waiting for the perfect opportunity. All this time we were a waiting for that special day to wear that fancy dress, use that precious tablecloth or those priceless dishes passed down from a adored family member. For me, it was something so simple and really made no sense what so ever.

One Christmas I had received a three piece set of candles that set on a pretty plate. They weren't expensive, they weren't a family heirloom, they were just regular plain candles. When I received them I knew just where I would place them. They would look so pretty sitting on the corner of my garden tub. I remember dusting them every time I cleaned my bathroom. Each time I dusted them I would picture just the right moment of when I would take off the plastic and light them for the very first time. This ritual went on for seven years, yes seven! Did that mean in seven years I didn't have not one special moment? Surely, that wasn't the case. As I dusted them off one last time I realized I had been hanging on to them and hoarding them like they were my most prized possession. All this time I had been waiting for a better tomorrow. I then asked my self two life changing questions. Why is today no better than tomorrow? What can tomorrow bring that today didn't? My answers surprised me. I had let all these years go by, not realizing I had been putting all my faith into tomorrow and letting today slip away for over 2,500 days.

What did I do next? I unwrapped those candles and later took a long relaxing bath. The first step in changing my thinking was knowing I had to make my own special moments. I had been unhappy with myself all this time because I had left my job to become a stay at home Mom. Instead of living by the moment and treating each day I spent as a gift I had become bitter and blamed everyone for their success and my misfortune. I was stuck in a dark ugly world made up by yours truly. I knew I had to change my way of thinking and I needed to do it now! I was in control of my happiness and sadness and another day was not going to go by with me feeling helpless, doomed and miserable. I had to start seeking my own happiness and enjoy any happiness that came my way. I had to believe that I was worthy of happiness. For so long my negative feelings had limited me and I failed to live up to my duties as a Mother and a wife. I had been cheating myself and everyone around me.

From that day on I was thankful for waking up in the morning and gave thanks for the tiniest change that was taking place inside me. I made a point of counting my blessings and in time all those negative feelings of envy that had complete control over me disappeared as each day did. Instead of dreading each day I was now grateful. Dusting those candles and finally tearing off the wrappers changed my life. My guilt I had finally vanished. It didn't happen over night and it took a great deal of work on my part but my determination was stronger than the feeling of failure. Country singer, Tim Mcgraw says it best in one of my favorite songs, "Live Like You Are Dying". Sometimes things get rough and I listen to his inspiring song again just to remind myself of my new philosophy on life and to not give any attention to what brings me down. I can honestly say I live every single day to the fullest like there will be no tomorrow and my life could not be any better than it is at this exact moment!
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2014