1. Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Dream A Little Dream

Discussion in 'MODS CORNER' started by Jewels, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Jewels

Jewels WELL KNOWN MEMBER

Dream A Little Dream

By Amberly Ashton

As you turn down the sheets in your nice warm bed, a good night's sleep may be all that's on your mind. Did you know that every night we have between two to seven dreams? Most people do not remember any of them. Most dreams are terrifying, exciting or just plain weird. From the age of three years old we start seeing ourselves in our own dreams. Children have more nightmares than adults. I remember having the same nightmare as a child. It started when I was around three years old and it continued until I was six or seven. Each night I said my prayers begging that I would be blessed with no dreams. I still remember these terrifying nightmares. Luckily, I haven't had them since I was a child.

Have you ever had a dream where you're standing there watching everything take place around you and suddenly you realize you are dreaming? If so, this is called lucid dreams. Once your regular dream turns into a lucid dream you have the power to control what takes place next. For instance, when I was younger I heard my Dad moaning loudly while he was asleep. The moans grew louder and louder until it was almost a cry for help. Then my Dad started yelling "somebody wake me up!" He repeated this numerous times until I woke him up. The next morning I told him what I had heard and he said he was dreaming that my Mom had knelled beside him and when he started rubbing her head he looked over and saw she was laying next to him. Quirky as his dream sounds he was able to scream for help and be woken up to escape. Not everyone is able to scream for help but you can control the content of your dream and change what happens next.

Dreams can be crazy, strange and so realistic. People dream the most about falling, flying, their teeth falling out, being back in school or their spouse cheating. I have had a dream that I kissed someone else and I when I woke up I was struck with sheer panic at what I had done until it hit me that it was just a dream. I have had dreams where I can hear myself really crying but I can't move. This is because when you are dreaming you are paralyzed and cannot move. This phenomenon takes place so we cannot act out our dreams while we are asleep.

I love when I can remember my dreams. As I have gotten older I actually look forward to dreaming. When I go to bed I get a feeling of excitement, like when you are walking into a movie theater with your soda and popcorn. When my head hits the pillow I am ready for the show to begin. I can do all the things I can't do now. I can go mountain climbing, bungee jumping, or take a cruise. When I dream I can be as adventurous as I want because you cannot die while you are dreaming. You may die in your dreams but you will wake up as you have any other time you have dreamed. When you wake up from a dream and you want to remember it, do not move at all. Stay in the same exact position you were in for a few minutes. If you don't, you're dream will quickly leave your memory and be lost forever.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2014