• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

FORUM MODERATORS ETIQUETTE

Learn to communicate effectively. All forums are infested by spammers and members who never read the policies before posting. Posting effective interaction with members who violate the rules are very important. Be diplomatic and try not to offend members because not all violators are spammers. Also, communicate with correct spelling and grammar.You must be trustworthy. Trust is a very important trait in any business or job. The administrator or website owner will give his utmost trust to the moderators assuming that the forum will be in order all the time. Do not ignore violations and penalties of any member you caught.Self control. To be a moderator, you must control your ego and actions when moderating. You must learn to control yourself from member who may offend you in any way. Always stick to the rules and avoid bad communications. You must present a good example to other members by exemplifying good manners.Remember that not all moderators are being paid but a good experience will lead to employment. Develop your character by improving your manners and ability to communicate effectively. Be professional at all time is a trait required by any job so achieve it. Forum moderation is a good choice to start your online career. This will help you get knowledge on what is ahead of you - Online Businesses.Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/3893532

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
dazzlingdebra wrote: Learn to communicate effectively. Check You must be trustworthy.  Check Self control.  Check Remember that not all moderators are being paid but a good experience will lead to employment.  Check
Great article, dazzlingdebra. Thanks for sharing! 
biggrin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

PSP

Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds
dazzlingdebra wrote: Self control. To be a moderator, you must control your ego and actions when moderating. You must learn to control yourself from member who may offend you in any way. Always stick to the rules and avoid bad communications. You must present a good example to other members by exemplifying good manners. Well, there another potential career down the drain ... 

omeg

Hello Debra: May I ask, did you post this for a specific reason?  Is there something Mben and myself have not done for you? Answered for you?  Taken care of for you?Belgamo, Mben and myself are the only staff here at No Deposit Forum, and we work very very hard to make this place fun, helpful, user friendlly.  This means taking care of members needs and concerns above all else.  Every now and then, but not very often, a member may feel like we did not do the best we could for them.  We take this seriously.One of the wonderful things about NDF is the fact we can share our opinions and views openly here in a respectful way.   If you are unhappy about something, just let us know and we will be glad to look into it.As far as me personally, I read your post, and I can say I take the greatest pride and pleasure in my job here for No deposit forum.  Each forum is different, with different personalities, different views, different social backgrounds, etc.  What makes it a success is we all work together to a common goal.  As a moderator, that can be a challenge somedays, but if I may say so myself, Belgamo, Mben and I do a bang up job day in and day out facing those challenges.                                                                                             Pam 

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
Thank you krystalkitty. I luv you too!
smile.gif

cat034

KITTY CAT 034
dazzlingdebra wrote: Learn to communicate effectively. All forums are infested by spammers and members who never read the policies before posting. Posting effective interaction with members who violate the rules are very important. Be diplomatic and try not to offend members because not all violators are spammers. Also, communicate with correct spelling and grammar.You must be trustworthy. Trust is a very important trait in any business or job. The administrator or website owner will give his utmost trust to the moderators assuming that the forum will be in order all the time. Do not ignore violations and penalties of any member you caught.Self control. To be a moderator, you must control your ego and actions when moderating. You must learn to control yourself from member who may offend you in any way. Always stick to the rules and avoid bad communications. You must present a good example to other members by exemplifying good manners.Remember that not all moderators are being paid but a good experience will lead to employment. Develop your character by improving your manners and ability to communicate effectively. Be professional at all time is a trait required by any job so achieve it. Forum moderation is a good choice to start your online career. This will help you get knowledge on what is ahead of you - Online Businesses.Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/3893532
 You know your being just plain mean.I dont post alot but it seems to me like you are having some anger issues that you are coming here and taking them out on the mods.We are all catching it due to the restrictions.I have never in all my years here been upset over any post but your taking this too far.I wish you would just shut up and go find another forum that enjoys bashing each other and by the way i dont care if you get mad at my reply because you are not worth me replying back to.Go take your meds and leave the mods and Bel alone.

pheapgirl

Banned
She's just another cyber bully that has a sad depressing life and this is the only way to make herself feel important.