• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

God Bless our Troops, A Very Merry Christmas for one Family!

Mikey7a

PHINSFAN NUMERO UNO
The worst times during my Service years, were the Holidays away from all those I loved.These stories get me every time. Enjoy, and God Bless our Troops, bring em all HOME! [video=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSNLs8iep3I][/video]

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
That was very emotional, Mikey. "
Being a military brat, I remember quite well my father leaving for his duties and remember the happy home comings. He never left during an active war like the men and women involved in Afghanistan and other areas around the world."
I was very small and would not remember this though (3 yrs old) but thanks to my dad who preserved a letter (That was recorded onto a micro tape that my dad later transferred to a CD for me. They sent these taped letters back and forth instead of writing) that was sent from my mother to him while he was gone on a year long duty, I was able to hear the side of the military wife and the hardships she endured while he was gone. The hardship meaning me! lol I guess I was a handful for my mom. My mom has been gone for over 15 years now but I can still hear her voice on the CD that was recorded 45 years ago. "
Here's wishing that all service men and women are home for the holidays. It's a wish that, unfortunately, will not come true.