• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Grankids Playing on Frozen Lake

nikkidog

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
My grand kids at my son-in-laws parents house  playing hockey on the frozen lake. If I knew they were going to do that I would have been worried the whole time. I am sure that is why they didn't tell me until they sent me the pictures.

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
Awesome pictures, nikki! It's so hard for me to imagine living in such cold temps where kids can play on a frozen lake. As a grandma, I know you would have been worried knowing they were doing that. I freaked a little bit after I found out that Michael was going to a trampoline park over the weekend. You know the flipping and such and the possible injuries. He was soooo excited to go though. Here's why. <a href="http://www.getairtucson.com/" >http://www.getairtucson.com/</a> He went the same day my daughter went on a motorcycle poker run with her boyfriend. Trampolines and motorcycles ... yikes! lolYour daughter and son-in-law definitely had you in mind by not telling you beforehand. Did you worry about your kids the way you worry about your grand kids? Thinking back, I don't think I did. I worry so much for my grand kids.

nikkidog

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
I don't think I did worry as much for my kids as I do for my grand kids.  Some nights I lay in bed thinking of things to worry about. Like when my daughter in Maryland put in their pool in  I worried about the kids being able to open the gate ( which  even I have a hard time opening ). When my daughter here moved in their  home I worried about the creek way in their back yard ( which has about 2 inches  of water in it ). My mother was the same way always worrying  about my kids, and I  used to think she was over reacting, but now I know how she felt. I guess it is all part of being a grandmother

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
If someone told me my grandkids were playing on a frozen lake, I would be picturing them falling through the ice the whole time :fear:Luckily mine are still too young for such shenanigans! (7 months and 3 years) Also they live in California so i don't think I have to worry about this particular scenario. I'm sure they will find some other way to scare me though.Beautiful pics nikkidog. :thumb:

Mettek

hi "
it sure looks nice and cold. Do you do ice-fishing on the lake? it also must be a nice place to be in the summertime"
mette

nikkidog

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
I know I hate the idea of them being out there, even though my daughter and son-in-law and a lot of other people where there with them.  I am sure that is why they didn't tell me until after when they sent me the pictures. My son-in-law grew up there so it is nothing to him. Sometimes he goes ice fishing with his father and brothers, not me, I hate the cold. Like it right where I am now in a nice warm house.

nikkidog

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
It is beautiful in the summer. His parents have a party boat and we go out with them a lot. Every 3rd of July, which is my grandson Shane's birthday ( now 13 years  old ) his parents have a big cook out along with their own fire works, and  all the other people who live on the lake do their own fire works also. Then at 10:00 PM the city does a big firework display off the pier. I really is nice.

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
This made me lol Some nights I lay in bed thinking of things to worry about. My daughter and boyfriend had a roommate a couple of years ago. I remember I threatened him one time when he was bragging that they all were gonna rent another house soon and they were gonna get one with a pool. I told him (the party animal that he was) that if anything happened to my grandson because of his lack of common sense to shut and lock the pool gate and what not, I'd kill him. Straight up! You should have seen the look on his face. LMAO! They never rented the house with a pool but when I went looking at some houses that my daughter wanted to buy about a year and a half ago, she had Michael of course but she also just had Miya. Well the house I told her NOT to get was the one with the pool. Guess what? She got that one. Guess what I get to worry about now? Ugh! Oh and their dogs .... a Pitbull and a Mastiff. Double ugh!!!!! And now with 3 grand kids ... Triple ugh!!!!! LOL One house they looked at had a storm drain right along the property. I thought Oh Lord! Our monsoons and a storm drain with deadly rushing water! No way!!! nikki, let's just hope our hearts hold up with all the worrying we do. There is just soooo much love for our grand kids that it hurts sometimes. Regarding Mettek's comment ... I think a lake that close to my house or my daughter's would be too close for my comfort. I'd rather have it frozen over than have it thawed out during the summer. I remember when I was small we lived in Pennsylvania and there was a small lake out in the middle of a field behind our house. A little friend of mine drowned in it. Ok, enough gloom. Now I have to think about the smiles my grand kids bring me to wipe all this out of my head! hahaha