• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Hangover Cures - Who Has One That Works?

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
Once again tonight, many, many, many people will be ringing in the New Year with alcohol ... myself included. :surprise:Just wondering if any members have a surefire way to cure the nasty hangover that will be sure to follow.Here's one I found. Not saying this is what I do. Just sharing. Your Head Needs Transcendental Medication The reality is, I'm hungover right now, guru Ralph De La Rosa confesses at his Mindfulness Sessions class in Brooklyn. Which is one reason I'm looking forward to meditation. Wait, what? It's great for hangovers, because it's about augmenting your relationship to an experience - in this case your relationship to feeling like total ****. A three-step guide from De La Rosa, breaking down this magical thinking.-Andrew Richdale Step One: Crawl Find a quiet space and sit cross-legged. Researchers have actually found that this posture calms your body down and helps stimulate organs like your liver that are detoxing all the junk you put in your body in the first place. Step Two: Admit Defeat Close your eyes. Now check in with yourself: How do I feel? Well, really crappy. Make peace with the fact that this is just how today is going to be. Not much you can do. You'll create a little distance from the feeling, which weirdly helps. Step Three: Breathe, Duh Inhale deeply, exhale, and focus on how the air feels going in and out of your nose for five minutes. That's it. Your mind will wander, which is okay. Stick with it. Oxygen is a natural stimulant that will help wake you up and clear out some of that fogginess. <a href="http://www.gq.com/entertainment/eat-and-drink/201401/hangover-surviving-food-grooming-style#ixzz2p45I0f2F" >Read More</a>

Last edited by a moderator:

Mben

Staff member
A popular hangover cure in Southern AZ is a big bowl of Menudo. I'll let you search it on your own. Don't want to gross anyone out by telling you what it's made from. lol We will have a pot on the stove all night and will be eating it into New Years day. Even if it isn't a true hangover cure, it sure is delicious!

lillysmimi

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
HELLO All:roll:Here's a few tips that I have:WATER:   Drinking a lot of water before going to bed is an effective way of preventing the symptoms of dehydration experienced the morning after. Water before bed will also help wash out the alcohol from your system. Drinking water between drinks is also a great way to prevent the ailing morning-after effects. PILLS:   Have an over-the-counter painkiller such as aspirin or ibuprofen to help ease the headache. Do not have acetaminophen-based pills (due to causing liver damage); these can be dangerous when mixed with the alcohol in your system. Take the pills in the morning, not before going to bed when the alcohol is still prominent in your system. Is coffee good for a hangover?No way. Actually coffee makes it worse for your body. Its got nothing to do with dehydration nor will it get rid of the high. Drinks containing caffeine should be avoided like the plague. Although they will make you feel better right away, they cause dehydration and loose bowels, ultimately making the hangover worse.I HOPE ALL OF YOU HAVE A VERY SAFE AND HAPPY NEW YEAR:maddance:  

Mben

Staff member
lillysmimi wrote: HELLO All:roll:Here's a few tips that I have:WATER:   Drinking a lot of water before going to bed is an effective way of preventing the symptoms of dehydration experienced the morning after. Water before bed will also help wash out the alcohol from your system. Drinking water between drinks is also a great way to prevent the ailing morning-after effects. PILLS:   Have an over-the-counter painkiller such as aspirin or ibuprofen to help ease the headache. Do not have acetaminophen-based pills (due to causing liver damage); these can be dangerous when mixed with the alcohol in your system. Take the pills in the morning, not before going to bed when the alcohol is still prominent in your system. Is coffee good for a hangover?No way. Actually coffee makes it worse for your body. Its got nothing to do with dehydration nor will it get rid of the high. Drinks containing caffeine should be avoided like the plague. Although they will make you feel better right away, they cause dehydration and loose bowels, ultimately making the hangover worse.I HOPE ALL OF YOU HAVE A VERY SAFE AND HAPPY NEW YEAR:maddance:
I try to drink water in between the shots and the beer chasers. And I also take a couple of ibuprofens at the beginning of the night. Doing that has helped me a little bit to not have a horrible hangover, just a slight one. But the definition of a hangover does not need horrible or slight in front of it. It's a hangover period. lol

lillysmimi

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
HAHA!! Your soo right Michelle =)"
I think Im gonna try the water drinks in between my drinks THRUOUT the evenin....cause for me, I do know in past....I have woke up after hard drinkin night and felt soo thristy....went and downed a full glass of water and then just felt drunk again...lol.....but that's just me =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slyyoung86