1. Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

I Already Miss Summer

Discussion in 'MODS CORNER' started by Jewels, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Jewels

Jewels WELL KNOWN MEMBER

I Already Miss Summer

By Amberly Ashton

As the end of July quickly approaches that can mean only one thing. The end of summer is drawing near. In just a few short weeks there will be no more staying up all night and napping freely during the day. No more late night meals or drifting off to sleep without setting a dreaded alarm clock. The new school year is upon us once again and it always comes without fail.

The next ten months will be filled with homework, sporting events, school dances and programs, early bedtimes, strict schedules and deadlines. As my children have gotten older, I am always filled with sadness as school prepares to open its doors again. I truly enjoy the days we spend together during summer vacation. I honestly will miss my children when I put them on the school bus for the first time.

Mornings will be stressful, with "where's your backpack?" or "do you have your homework?" I can always breathe a sigh of relief when I get them to the bus stop on time. While they are gone learning new things and making new friends, I prepare for their return. I look forward to each day at 3:38 when I hear them walking up the steps. The days are long but the afternoon and evening go by so fast. It feels like they are gone most of the time. I long for the school year to end so we can relax and spend more time together. Days of leisure and laughing, days without clocks....I already miss summer!
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2014