• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

It's July 4th, and we are in a Tropical Depression!

Mikey7a

PHINSFAN NUMERO UNO
Happy 4th of July to all my USA friends! Here in Northwest Florida, everything has been cancelled,as we are in a tropical depression lol! Not going to be a parade, or fireworks. I always grill on the 4th. I'll be grilling on the stove in the house today. I hope everyone has a safe, and fun holiday! 

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
Happy 4th of July, Mikey! "
"
Sorry about your crappy weather though. What a bummer! Time to pull out the George Foreman grill!

PSP

Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds
Where exactly are you Mikey? I know that we discussed this once, but I was expecting to only be in Florida for 2-3 weeks. Now it looks like I might be there for another 5-6 months - if not longer - and I am starting to learn the area. Our hotel is close to I-75 and MLK on the SE edge of Tampa, close to Mango.

PSP

For the record, I've never seen that much rain or lightning in my life. It must dump 2-3 a day!

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
Yikes! No kidding about the weather in FL. I just saw the weather on the news and they showed downed trees, smashed cars and the radar showed FL pretty much covered with this depression. How depressing for the holiday. :no:-- Edited by Mben on Thursday 4th of July 2013 02:24:11 PM

Mikey7a

PHINSFAN NUMERO UNO
I tell people about the lightning there in Central Florida all the time. Until you experience it, you just cannot believe how powerful, and scary that it can be. I've seen homes where lightning struck the outer wall, traveled through 3-4 walls and ground into the floor! We lived on the Central West Coast, Citrus County, for almost 20 years. I've lost tv's, computers, kitchen appliances. Two of my neighbors had their homes burn down due to lightning strikes! "
Anyway PSP, sadly, we now live in the very Western tip of the panhandle. About 50 miles East of Pensacola. A few years back, you would have been an hour away from my home. You are in the middle of hurricane season in Florida, enough said? lol Have you been to The Hard Rock yet? I love that place. "
Mben, thanks and yes, the 4th is one of my favorite holidays, this one was a bummer.

PSP

I make a weekly sojourn to Hard Rock to steal money from Indian children :thumb:The slots there are strange. Most slot machines have a soundtrack of happy noises, ringing bells, etc. The ones at Hard Rock have a special soundtrack just for me - they snicker and flat-out LAUGH at me while I play!:laughhard:(OK, they don't really do that, but they might as well for the lack of success I have had there)I've been pretty lucky playing blackjack with winning sessions 8 out of 11 times.