• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Just made these Cream Puffs

nikkidog

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
I just finished making these. Wish I could send you all one. I will have to give some to my son and daughter or else I will end up eating them all.

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
You're amazing and so are cream puffs!Whenever I have them, it's always the ones from Costco on special occasions. For you to MAKE them on a Wednesday just cuz is awesome! Your family must LOVE you for being you! :gogirl:

nikkidog

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
They only take a little over an hour to make. If you want the receipe  let me know and I can post it. I love to bake and it keeps me away from gambling lol. I am boing very good, I only had one so far.

Mben

Staff member
nikkidog wrote: They only take a little over an hour to make. If you want the receipe  let me know and I can post it. I love to bake and it keeps me away from gambling lol. I am boing very good, I only had one so far.
I would like to make homemade cream puffs ... or try, at least.Can you post your recipe? 
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

nikkidog

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Cream Puff Pastry   4 oz. butter ( 1/2 cup ) 8 oz. water 1/4 teaspoon salt 8 oz. flour ( 1 cup ) 4 eggs   Place butter in a medium saucepan. Add water and salt. Bring to a boil , stirring till butter melts. Add flour all at once, stirring vigorously . Cook and stir till mixture forms a ball that does not separate. . Remove from heat, cool 10 min. Add eggs, one at a time, to flour mixture, beating with a wooden spoon after each addition for about 1 minute , or till smooth. Scoop up some dough with a tablespoon . Use another spoon to push off the dough in a mound onto lightly greased baking sheet ( I use parchment paper ) . Leave 3 in. between the puffs for expansion. Bake in pre heated 400 degree oven for about 30 min. or until golden brown. Remove puffs from pan and cool. Note: if the mixture does not form a ball that does not separate, it will still work fine. Just form the ball with your hands when cooled.   Custard for Cream Puffs   2 tbsp. butter 3/4 cup sugar 2 cups milk 1 2 tsp. vanilla 1/4 cup cornstarch 1/2 tsp. salt 2 egg yolks , beaten   Melt butter. Add sugar, cornstarch and salt. Add slowly the milk. Heat to boiling over heat. . Add egg yolks and cook for 2 min. longer. Add vanilla, stirring constantly. Cut tops off of cream puff shell or cut in half. Fill with custard.   Let me know how they turn. If you have any questions , just post or PM me. Good Luck.          

Mben

Staff member
Thanks nikki! I would make these right now but I am out of eggs and cornstarch. Shoot! lolI will be needing some groceries soon and will make sure I pick those up (lol I don't eat a whole lot of eggs so I have to make a point of getting them) and give your Cream Puffs a whirl!

daremeto

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
thank you for posting the receipe Nikki they look yummy. i think i am going to try and make them today

omeg

By the way nikkidog................You forgot to tell everyone to wave the magic wand over them before you eat them to remove all calories. (If you find yourself without a magic wand, a simple wooden spoon will do.)I think there is a chant involved in this ceremony, but can't remember the words. :lol: Thanks again nikkidog for the recipe. They look sinfully yummy. 

daremeto

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
thanks Nikki i did make them yesterday and they turned out so good. while my husband was eating one he said to me these are so good, did you say you are making them every weekend lol

nikkidog

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Glad to hear they turned out good. So I guess now  you will have to make them every week for your husband. Did you think they were easy to make.  After you make tnem a few times it gets easier.

daremeto

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
yes i thought they were pretty easy to make, when i made the filling i think i let it cool to long as it was really thick. do you put your filling in hot or let it cool? i do know they were delicious and i will be making them often, but not every week lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pussyliquor