• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Keep Good Thoughts for My Two Dogs

omeg

Hi Gang:At 7:45am this morning I dropped off both my dogs to get spayed.  They are the loves in my life, and although I know things are pretty routine this day and age, I still would appreciate everyone keeping good thoughts for them. Roxie is my 60lb Lab mix, and her energy level keeps me motivated to give her a better life. She is 4 yrs old.  She is as spoiled as they come, and sleeps with me, everynight.  I wrap my arms around her, and it is just like holding a person.  haha  She is intelligent, knows all commands, and talks back every chance she gets. Cleo is my Shitz zu, and comes in at a whopping 20lbs. She is 2.5 yrs old. Cleo has the biggest attitude of any little dog I have ever known.  She is spoiled, and demands attention when she wants it.  She will whine and whimper and jump in my lap and scratch at me to play with her.  It gets difficult to get anything done when Cleo wants love, and that is alot of the time. These two dogs are simply my best friends.  They keep me company, and make my little house a home.  Thanks for reading, and I appreciate good thoughts for my babies while they have surgury.Will up date this post when I know more, and hear from the doctor.                                                                                                                                                                Pam

Last edited by a moderator:

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
That last picture of Roxie with her arm around Cleo is too cute! "
"
Your pooches will be fine and Bob Barker appreciates it!

omeg

Hi Gang: Dogs are out of surgury and sleeping.  They will be quite sleepy when I pick them up. 'Vet said all was normal except Roxies uterus was large, and it took alot longer. They will have stitches and need to go back in a week to get them removed.  They should be eating and drinking normally by tomorrow.I get to pick them up at 4:30pm.  Thanks for all the good thoughts gang:                                                                                                  Pam

omeg

Mben wrote: That last picture of Roxie with her arm around Cleo is too cute! Your pooches will be fine and Bob Barker appreciates it!
 Hi Mben:  Thanks for the good thoughts about my babies.  Your comment about Bob Barker appreciating it made me laugh.  This is true, I am sure he does.  I wish he appreciated it so much he would pick up the tab.  Appx bill for today is $700........                                                                                                Pam

omeg

My dogs are home, safe and sound.Cleo is all over the place, like nothing happened, however, Roxie is still pretty much out of it, and is having a hard time walking. Poor girl. Things should be back to normal tomorrow.Thanks all who read my post and kept good thoughts.                                                                                              Pam

omeg

crazyashell wrote: PMM2008 I am glad to here that your babys are doing good and back home
Thank you sooooo much crazyshell.  It means alot.                                                                                  Pam 

PSP

Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds
You better plan to win a ton of money

sashasmom

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
hi PMM2008 I am glad your dogs are fine and thank you for sharing the pics they are so precious

omeg

sashasmom wrote: hi PMM2008 I am glad your dogs are fine and thank you for sharing the pics they are so precious
Thank you Thank you Thank you sashamom.  ( I wish we had a hugs icon)                                                                         Pam

omeg

bella271 wrote: there very cute (smile) I JUST HAD MINE SPADED,THEY WILL BE FINE.
 Thanks bella271:Roxie is doing much better this morning than last night.  She was sooooo out of it, and I was so concerned, even the doctor called me to reassure me she would be fine. Cleo acts as if nothing happened at all.   What a trooper.  They told me Roxie would not allow the sedative to work, so they had to give her a double dose.  Thats why she was soooooo out of it when I picked her up.                                                                                       Pam

PSP

Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds
i_spade_my_dog_spayed_tshirt-p235238477347399447q6vb_400.jpg

omeg

PSP wrote:   I love it...But I need it to have a s on the end for dogs. As in two.  Cleo is cranky today, I think she is in a little pain, called the vet, and they are calling me back. Might be time for more medication.  Thanks PSP, it made me laugh.                                                                                               Pam -- Edited by PMM2008 on Friday 11th of February 2011 05:58:56 PM

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
This is from our member Felicie to Pam. Actually, this is from Felicie's pooch, Maui, to Pam's pooches!
imagejpeg_2.jpg
Maui says Don't sweat the small stuff ... Roxie and Cleo!

omeg

What a sweet pic that is of Maui.  Absolutley adorable.  Dressed for winter too I see. Roxie and Cleo appreciate it VERY much, and so do I. HUGS. Been several days now, and Roxie and Cleo are doing great.  If anyone out there doesnt want to add to the puppy population, and you can afford it, please have your pet spayed or neutured. My public announcement for the day. Thanks again soooooo much.                                                                                          Pam

Felicie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Got 2 more just like her but they wouldn't put on their outfits LOL Actually they're my daughter's and in fact she says I might as well think of them as my grandkids.

omeg

Hi friends:Guess I just need to talk this morning.  As you all know I got Cleo and Roxie spayed last week.  The incisions are good, and they get their stitches out tomorrow.There is however still a problem with Cleo.  A little history...Cleo came to me after going thru 4 different homes, why she didnt last at these places is unknown to me. She came with baggage, as any dog who comes thru different places so young in their life will do.   It wasnt long before I came to realize that Cleo had a mean little side to her.  She became very aggressive around Roxie at times, and a violent fight would result.  They would go at it, for reasons I have yet to figure out, and I was the one who ended up getting bite, as I tried to seperate them time after time.   Roxie will not start the fight, but she will not back down, if Cleo becomes aggressive towards her. The fights would happen about 2 times a month. Thats enough, I tell you, as I cant explain the violence these fights entail when they are happening.I was very hopeful that after I got the dogs spayed the hormone levels would level out and we would once again have a peaceful home with no more dog fights. Two female dogs, not spayed, full of hormones, both wanting to be the boss.  Even the vet told me that it was a great chance the fights would end after they had the surgury. The opposite has happened.  Cleo is the meanest she has ever been, growling, starting fights with Roxie on a daily basis.  I have no idea why Cleo is behaving this way, and Even Roxie is starting to get anxious, as she never knows when Cleo will start a fight. Just this morning, about an hour ago, they got into it.  I was in the middle.  I literally was holding Roxies collar so tight I was choking her, as she fought me to get to Cleo, and I was fighting Cleo off with my foot, as she kept trying to attack Roxie. This is maddness.  I've had enough.Getting rid of Cleo is NOT what I want to do.  I gave her a home, and have grown to love her very much.   Spoke to the vet this morning, and when I take Cleo to get her stitches out tomorrow I will have a consultation with the vet about medication for Cleo. Something to stabilize her mood. Prozac for dogs so to speak. I giggle, but it is a serious matter right now.Has anyone out there ever experienced anything like this?  Cleo is only 2, and she has a long life ahead of her, but if I cannot get her moods straightened out,  I may have to actually consider getting Cleo into a loving home with no other dogs.  Just the thought of it breaks my heart. Lets hope the vet has some sort of answer for me tomorrow. Thanks gang, for letting me blab this morning.  I am just a bundle of nerves.                                                                                      Pamwill update tomorrow after the appt with the vet.