• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

My Move to Florida from Michigan

omeg

Hi gang:Well, the day is almost here.  I have been planning it for months, working out details, making calls, finding a place to live, etc etc.I will be moving to Florida on the 5th of June.  It is a 1441 mile trip, and I am driving a 16ft Penske truck of which I have not done in a long while.  I have two friends tagging along in a seperate vehicle to help me get settled in when I arrive.  They will also be caring for my 2 dogs and three cats which are moving with me. (that should prove to be interesting)I am asking for your good thoughts and prayers while I am on the road, for my safety, my friends safety, and that all goes according to plan.So much of this is sight unseen, and done over the telephone, and internet.  I have only seen my new place in pictures, never in person.I will be away from the forum for several days while on the road, and I will miss everyone for sure.To say I am a little nervous would be true.  To say I am excited is definitley true. A new beginning. Again, I ask for your prayers while I am on the road, and heading to my new home in Florida.Thanks gang:                                                                                   Pam

Last edited by a moderator:

krystalkitty

Greedy Gambler
My prayers and thoughts will be with you. It's awesome you have some friends joining you. Should make for a better trip for ya knowing you aren't alone......

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
How fun!!!! A road trip. I'm jealous. lolPam, I will definitely be thinking of you during your road trip, that you will arrive in Florida, safe and sound.

sashasmom

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
I hope everything goes according to plan, Pam. I moved to Florida 19 years ago and I would not go back to massachusetts. I hope you find everything you want and you love it like I do. Good luck.

PSP

Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds
I'd offer you thoughts and prayers, but it turns out that you don't need them! you'll not only do great, but you will THRIVE with the moveStop wasting time - Get a move on!

omeg

Thank you my friends for all the well wishes.  Makes me smile knowing I have such wonderful friends here at NDF.I pick up the truck tomorrow morning, then all hell breaks loose around my household. I have a few friends coming to help me load up.  Loading up all day Saturday, and early to bed.  Early morning on the 5th, I'm pulling out of here. Will keep you updated how it is going if I am able to get internet service along the way.Thanks again gang........                                                                                              Pam

omeg

Hi gang:Well this will be my last post until I come to you LIVE from my new Florida address.The Penske truck is in the driveway, half packed, and I have to pack up my office here.I will miss you all so much and my daily routine each day. Still I am excited to have a new start in Florida, and I cant wait to get there to tell you all about my trip.Thank you again for the good thoughts and prayers from everyone.I'll be in touch with Mben thru my trip, and she will likely tell you how it is going.Okay............This is Pam...........signing off.                                                                                                     Pam