• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

MY PURSE IS GONE...

krystalkitty

Greedy Gambler
Hubby woke me up to show me something. My purse which was in ashes!! Burnt down to hardly nothing, except for 1 strap. Cell phone gone, DL and Visa card. Not any money in there thankfully. Only about $5.00 worth of change. Am thankful the garage didn't burn down. We think maybe a stray ash from the woodstove did it.

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
OMG KK!"
"
So what happened? Did your husband see the fire or was it out by the time he went into the garage? "
"
And what you lost is replaceable. It could have definitely been much worse than that.

krystalkitty

Greedy Gambler
It was burnt to ashes by the time he went out to the garage. Anyone think it could of been the cell phone that started on fire? We have been burning wood for 14 yrs and never had anything happen! We are still bewildered. I went to bed around 8:30 and he went to bed at 10:00 pm and nothing was wrong. Very strange. Anyway, his garage is his mancave so have table and chairs out there. The garage is connected to the porch and the porch to the house...I always had the habit of leaving my purse on the table in the garage, otherwise, I think we may of woke up to a burning mobilehome!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

krystalkitty

Greedy Gambler
Crazy indeed mixx. Went to the Verizon store today. Since I didn't have insurance on the phone, I paid $208 for a new one. That was with tax. I also got a $50 rebate...it will come via a VISA gift card. Fire Dept. can't determine whether it was my cell phone that started the fire.

Felicie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Geeza louisa! Thats something you don't hear about often. I can hear what my hubby might say if that happened 'what the hell did you have in that bag??' LOL "
this what I found:"
"""
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
Cell Phone Hazards"
Cell Phone Hazards"
Study Finds Little Short-Term Cell Phone Health Risk"
Cell Phones Linked to Bee Decline"
Mayo Clinic Finds Cell Phones Safe in Hospitals"
Origin of California Cell Phone Fire Disputed"
Cell Phone Ignites, California Man Severely Burned"
Study: Cell Phone Users Have Lower Sperm Counts"
Study: Drivers Using Cell Phones As Bad As Drunks"
Doctors Warn Against Cell Phone Use In Storms"
Cell Phones Cleared in Gas Fire"
Sleep With Your Cell Phone? Don't Forget the Dog"
Feds Warn of Cell Phone Battery Hazards"
Risk of Cell Phone Explosions Growing"
Cell Phone Catches Fire"
Battery Recall"
Traffic Tickets"
Gasoline Fires"
Radiation Fears"
---"
Consumer Complaints"
July 5, 2004"
A California teen suffered second-degree burns when her Kyocera Wireless 2325 cell phone caught fire, according to local fire investigators."
"
The 16-year-old Ontario girl's phone burst into fist-size flames without warning, said Frank Huddleston, an investigator at the Ontario fire department. Huddleston said he suspects the phone's battery overheated."
"
Read more: http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/cell_phone_fire.html#ixzz0l7Y9ddrV"
"
"
So there you are. you're lucky girl. :)