• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

NEED SOME ADVICE- EBAY

krystalkitty

Greedy Gambler
Bought a refurbished computer, doesn't work. Contacted the seller for 2 days. Customer support did contact me. Gave me a URL that didn't work.....to check the computer. 7 day money back guarantee. Well, that is over...they want me to still send the computer back (my cost). They think it's the power supply. Cost of shipping back to them: too much I am sure. Since I payed with PayPal, can I try and get my money back.

deej

DOWN UNDER PLAYER
paypal is great for buyers ,(not for sellers though) just go to paypal log a complaint( by that i mean ask for you money back through the resolution center) make sure you claim the computer is massively not as described then use the money u receive back to ask that the computer is fixed at their cost or you won't repay them. mind you be careful that feedback is sorted before you do this:)

krystalkitty

Greedy Gambler
Thanks. It will cost me at least $35 - $100 bucks to ship it back via USPS since I don't have a UPS store in my town.....Am so dissapointed as the seller has a great feedback rating. What happens if I send it back, they send it back again and it still doesn't work...that is my concern. I definately want to get if fixed, but I think I may be better off having a local computer place look at it. Shall see what happens today...see if CS emails or calls me back today!! I have been a buyer at ebay for years and this is only the 2nd time something didn't work or wasn't up to par!

ohbhave

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
FYI - anytime a dispute is filed with Paypal, BOTH parties automatically have their account suspended for 30 days while they, Paypal, try and hash out who is in the wrong. here's a thought... have you asked them to send you a replacement powersupply?  that seems like a resonable request and a cheap fix for everyone.  if that doesn't fix the problem, then take it from there.  just make sure you do all your corresponding from your ebay email, not your personal email. out of curiosity, does the unit turn on at all?  does it POST (make beeps when you push the power button)?  any fans running at all when plugged in?  you might just want to make sure the power supply is actually plugged into the board inside the computer.  just take the side off and follow the wires coming from the power supply.  maybe you could take a pic and post it here and i can let you know if something looks out of sorts.