• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Need some recipes

givennsz

BINGO MOMMA
I need your help everyone. I am needing some good recipes. Doesn't matter which direction we go just need to get something different going on in my kitchen lmao. We are a big fan of mexican and southern cooking. Thanks guys for helping me out.

Last edited by a moderator:

ishin

Banned
This is one of my favorite Mexican Drinks Agua de Jamaica </h1> A non-alcoholic drink from Mexico made with jamaica (hibiscus) flowers. Yield: 5 to 6, 1 cup servings Ingredients</h3> 2 cups (2 ounces) jamaica flowers (dried hibiscus flowers)3/4 cup granulated sugar (or more as desired) Instructions</h3> Bring 6 cups of water to a boil then add the flowers and the sugar and stir continuously while the mixture boils for one minute. Pour into a noncorrosive bowl and steep for 2 hours.  *Note: this flower will stain so don't use a bowl that will stain.
agua4.jpg
Finish Strain the mixture through a sieve pressing on the flower solids to extract as much liquid as possible. Taste for strength and sweetness. If it is too potent, add water or if too tart add more sugar.  Cover and refrigerate until time to serve.
agua1.jpg
Jamaica Are actually dried hibiscus flowers H. sabdariffa var. sabdariffa and are also called roselle or Jamaican sorrel.http://store.gourmetsleuth.com/pdetail.asp?p=302Recipe from Rick Bayless Authentic Mexican   -- Edited by Cat Dancer on Thursday 25th of February 2010 02:10:25 AM

givennsz

BINGO MOMMA
Where in the world am I gonna find some flowers lmao... Besides Jamaica any ideas?

LhasaLover

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Have you tried Cooking.com or AllRecipes.com ? If not, you should. There are a bunch of other really good recipe sites online, too."
"
I love finding recipes on the 'net 'cus when I get hungry for something I can find a zillion versions of the same recipe. With the tabs on IE7, I just open a bunch of them and zip thru them to see which one I want to use."
"
Otherwise, what kind of food are you looking for recipes for? Dinner, lunch, desserts, casseroles. slo-cooker, gourmet, easy, etc.....?

ishin

Banned
givennsz wrote: Where in the world am I gonna find some flowers lmao... Besides Jamaica any ideas?
No silly!...you don't have to go to Jamaica to get the flowers!Dried jamaica flowers are readily available at grocery stores, especially mexican grocery stores.You may know jamaica by its other name, hibiscus, the state flower of Hawaii.  

LhasaLover

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
You know, another good idea is to sign up with BettyCrocker.com (I think that's the URL for it) and Pillsbury.com - and make sure you sign up for their weekly newsletters. I get emails every few days from these places with new recipes for some great looking food!!

helwin

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Ishin, this sounds good, but will it stain my dentures? Givennsz, we have a million cookbooks here, but like already suggested, probably easier to find exactly what you want online

SPADEAHOLIC

Thinks Too Much
Simple recipe foxy makes for me:"
"
Season a breast of chicken we use garlic salt and pepper and place in frying pan cook till done remove chicken and set aside "
In same pan place 2 or 3 cups of cold pre cooked rice and 1/2 to 3/4 of a can of Herdez Salsa Casera or Ortaga your choice cook till hot put chicken back in with rice and cover everything with fresh parmason cheese and the rest of salsa cover till melted YUMMMMMMMM "
( tip on cooking rice add some chicken broth or lemon juice to water )"
"
Other simple recipe:"
"
Get the cheapest piece of pork pork roast or butt "
boil till done with onion and garlic and cumin (HEAVEY ON THE CUMiN)"
throw in a can of Herdez Salsa Verde (green lol) cook another hour or so and waalaaaaa you got chile verde

trishobryan

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
You can also sign up at Kraft.com and Bisquick.com, (yes with 6 kids still at home, Mommy does cheat on the biscuits!) I get lots of recipes in my email everyday!

trishobryan

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Here are 2 Southern, very easy and fairly cheap recipes we use a lot. Maybe you can use them."
"
Swiss Steak"
"
Use round steak, cut into serving sizes."
Put steak in the bottom of a baking pan, you don't have to spread them out, they can be touching all the way around! Sprinkle with flour kind of heavy, to make the gravy. Then pour diced tomatoes over the top and even out with a spoon. Cover or put in a baking bag, and bake for about an hour at 350, depending on thickness, could be more or less time. When you check it, you should be able to pull a piece off very easily. This is a very tough meat that melts in your mouth when it's done! I make rice or mashed potatoes to go with it to use the gravy on, and any kind of veggies you want."
"
Coca Cola Pork Chops"
"
I know it sounds funny, but it is off the chain! The acid in the soda makes the pork chops so tender, they will fall apart. I got this recipe from my ex-husbands mom years ago, and they use Dr. Pepper, too. I have never tried anything but coke, but even the generic ones work!"
"
Cover the bottom of a large skillet with pork chops, should be a fairly deep one. Mix equal parts Coke and Ketchup, 1 cup of each will usually work, just be sure to cover the meat. Cover and cook on medium-low for about 45mins-1hr, turning the pork chops over half way through. Also, you can make rice or potatoes for the gravy, or whatever you may want."
"
Let me know if you try them and how you like them if you do. I have lots more.

givennsz

BINGO MOMMA
Sounds so yummy trish, cant believe all the wonderful recipes you are giving me. I knew i would get help lol that is why this is the best forum.