• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

News report from 1981 about the Internet

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
As I was watching this I really had to laugh when it got to the part where the guy was saying that the good part of being able to get the newspaper on a computer, would be that if there was something that you were really interested in, you could easily copy it to paper!REALLY??:lol: Copy it to paper? You mean like a newspaper?[video=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X84muuaySVQ][/video]

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
He probably meant that once it's uploaded and someone views it, that person should have a way they can can save the article if they wanted to ... on paper. I'm thinking a copier/scanner/all in one would work nowadays! LOLThis made me laugh. The caption for the man owns home computer was placed as an ohhhhh ..... he's a big shot! He has a home computer! Nowadays it'd be DOESN'T own a home computer. SERIOUSLY?!?!?! hahaha

Last edited by a moderator:

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
:lol: I didnt even see that caption!Imagine trying to tell one of them back then about google!They wouldn't believe you!! They were just so excited about getting the paper.I was 10 years old when they ran this story, and when I was 10 we had a computer so they would have put that caption up for my dad too. Back then I had no idea we were so elite! The computer (it was an Apple, one of the first I imagine) sat in my dad's den with the cover on it from the time we got it till whenever he got rid of it because no one knew how to use it.