1. Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

NO DEPOSIT FORUM HOLIDAY MEMORIES FREE TO ENTER CONTEST ~ CLOSES 12-2-10

Discussion in 'CLOSED FORUM CONTESTS' started by Mben, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Mben

Mben No Deposit Forum Admin Staff Member

[​IMG] -- Edited by Mben on Wednesday 3rd of November 2010 06:43:00 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2014
  2. omeg

omeg NEW MEMBER

Another great contest, and the holidays sure can be a fun topic to write about. I am looking forward to reading many funny stories from our members.  C'mon gang...Get those fingers typing and tell us your funniest holiday story.  [​IMG]                                                                                               Pam                                                                                         
  3. mandy03

mandy03 WELL KNOWN MEMBER

[​IMG] Hi, What is this contest for? [​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2014
  4. mandy03

mandy03 WELL KNOWN MEMBER

Ok...never mindthe pic wasn't showing up [​IMG]
  5. Mben

So sorry mandy. lol I was editing it because the artist in me didn't like the original version.
  6. ladyceltic

ladyceltic WELL KNOWN MEMBER

When I was little we had a next door neighbor that always dressed up as santa. Well this particular year I guess he did not notice the rip in his pants, At the time it was very very funny He bent over to put the presents under the tree and everyone started laughing. It was the very first time I had ever been mooned and by Santa no doubt LMAO That was a Christmas I will never forget.   [​IMG]
  7. ladyceltic

ladyceltic WELL KNOWN MEMBER

UHOH I forgot my 4 digit lucky number I was laughing  too hard LMAO  4719
  8. nikkidog

nikkidog WELL KNOWN MEMBER

A few years ago my husband and myself were shopping at at Walmart. We were looking at all the Christmas tree displays and as I got closer to to the trees, there was a wooden edge around all the trees. Well I din't see it and tripped over it and fell on top of one of the trees, and then that knocked a couple other ones down.. Before I knew it I had about 4 trees on top of me. It also tipped  over the train display. There was this little boy there ( and many other people ) and he said, Hey lady, what are you doing under all the trees, Santa is not going to  like this. After I got up, with some help, and my husband  saw that I wasn't hurt, the laughter began and lasted all day, and of course the whole family had to know about.  Then to add to my ebarrassment the manager came over and I had to fill out a accident report.  I guess he felt so sorry for me that he gave me a 25.00 WalMart gift card.  I can tell you that I now look at the tree display's from a distance.lucky # 9321
  9. kaymay24

kaymay24 WELL KNOWN MEMBER

One year, instead of a fake tree, I insisted on a getting real tree, thinking it would look really pretty in my living room.  Since we have 18' tall ceilings, I wanted a huge tree to reach the ceiling.  My husband was totally against it, but eventually he gave in because he got sick of listening to me whine about it.  It was nearly impossible to get that tree into the house.  It was huge, bulky, and messy.  There were pine needles everywhere.  Once it was in place, it took half a day to decorate it.  We had two ladders and we still could hardly reach the top of the tree.  We almost got divorced during this process - but the end result was stunning.  All the hard work and bickering seemed to have paid off.The next day was Sunday, and upon returning home from church, we walked into the living room to see the tree completely horizontal, ornaments smashed into a million pieces, TV scratched up, Fireplace scratched up, lights tangled everywhere.  Obviously the tree had not been secured properly, and had fallen over while we were gone.My husband did not say a word, brought the chain saw into the living room, proceeded to cut the tree into pieces, and remove it from the house, branch by branch.  The look on his face told me I would be wise to leave him alone and not say a word.Needless to say, we have since purchased a small fake tree and that is now what we put up each year. [​IMG]
  10. kaymay24

kaymay24 WELL KNOWN MEMBER

Oops - number pick is #1269
  11. omeg

omeg NEW MEMBER

[​IMG]...Those are  fantastic stories, and very funny for sure. Thanks for starting us off Nikkidog , kaymay24, and ladyceltic....[​IMG]Keep them coming gang.......                                                                          Pam
  12. lauralaten

lauralaten WELL KNOWN MEMBER

My husband and his brother got the bright idea to go in the woods to cut their own trees. They walked in about a mile and found their beauties. They were loaded with snow . They dragged them out, loaded them on top of their cars and returned home exhausted."
    Both trees were huge, so out came the saws again. Trimming, trimming. and more trimming. Finnally short enough to get in the door, dropping snow and needles everywhere. It was so wide it took up the better part of our small livingroom. It blocked two widows. By the next morning it had melted and spread out to be the ugliest of all Christmas trees. Huge spaces between branches. "
    We decorated with 50 strings of garland, 10 boxes of balls, and many boxes we wrapped up to look like presents."
    After Christmas that year we bought an artificial tree on sale."
    "
  13. Mben

[​IMG] Those are great everyone!! We want to hear about turkeys blowing up, shopping nightmares, uninvited guests at your holiday parties, etc. Not that there is a hilarious ending to this story but my brother who is a shopping freak, you know the kind that will drive from store to store just to use the coupons he gets from everywhere. The kind that has to be in a line at Best Buy at 3 AM the day after Thanksgiving to get whatever newest gadget there is that the store is only going to have 10 of in stock. Oh and you can't forget the after Christmas sales either.  Well, he told me a few years back that his friend and him will go Christmas shopping at 3 in the morning with their walkie talkies or whatever (maybe push to talk cells since this is the Millennium lol)!! They will coordinate their whole shopping trip via walkie talkies. One has the cart and goes on his way, the other goes to another aisle. I imagine that their talks went something like this .......... Beep Beep Ok, I got it! Meet me in aisle 6! Beep Beep Ok, On my way! Did you grab that thing a ma jigger? Beep Beep Yeah! Beep Beep I just had to shove an old lady out of the way! She was trying to grab the last X-Box! Beep Beep Heads up! Position the cart! I-Pod flying over aisle 7! Here it comes! Beep Beep Bulls Eye! Beep Beep You ready to check out?!?! Beep Beep Yeah, but I forgot my wallet at home!!  [​IMG] My brother and I are NOT two peas in a pod. We are so opposite of each other, I wonder if I was adopted. lol He's a dork, but I love him! Keep your stories coming everyone!! [​IMG]
  14. omeg

omeg NEW MEMBER

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]Oh, these stories are just halarious....Everytime I see someone else has posted, I can't wait to read it. [​IMG]Keep them coming everyone!!!                                                                                      Pam
  15. omeg

omeg NEW MEMBER

I have a short story I will share too:Last year I took in a kitten(Rebel) right before Christmas.  It has been a long time since I had a kitten and had forgot what mischief they can get into.  I took extra care setting up my tree, all the bulbs, lights, ornaments, tinsel, and the star at the top.  The tree was beautiful.  All was well, and I went out of town over night.  Up to this point Rebel seemed uninterested in the tree.  He would occasionally swipe at a bulb on the bottom, but that was about it.  If I only knew what was coming....I return home, and as I opened the door, I was shocked at what a mess I found.  The tree did remain standing, however, 90% of the ornaments were on the floor.  Tinsel everywhere.  Garland streamed into the hallway.   Bulbs everywhere as they were batted into all other rooms of the house...by Rebel.   He trashed that tree. I no more than came to grips with what was going on, and Rebel popped his head out of the tree, as if to say Welcome Home Mom.   Do you like what I have done with the tree?   [​IMG] He literally climbed that tree, branch by branch and had a whole lot of fun ruining my tree.  I know he thought I put it up just for him. I fixed the tree, again,  and from that point on, I could NOT keep Rebel out of that tree.  In the middle of the night, I would hear the bulbs start to fall off and hit the floor. I would go running out and scold him to stay away, but he would go right back after I went back to bed.   It was a very long Christmas season with Rebel. [​IMG]I can only hope that this year he has grown out of the urge to trash my tree.                                                                                                       Pam
  16. queenmap

queenmap WELL KNOWN MEMBER

Funny but a touching moment:"
    "
    One year I had received a settlement from a car accident and had decided to have a very nice Christmas for my family. Mom was the most expensive gift, a very nice diamond ring. Well, I had decided to surprise her by wrapping this small package into many bigger boxes and wrapping each one individually. "
    "
    It came to my mom's turn to unwrap and she was just so dang excited to see such a large box. As she was unwrapping each box, and finding nothing but empty ones, she was getting very upset and starting to get very red in the face from yelling. Well, finally she gets down to the final box, she was so happy she started to cry and laugh. So many emotions ran through her all at once. This was the best Christmas ever!"
    "
    Pick#8079"
    "
  17. pevangel

pevangel WELL KNOWN MEMBER

Oh my favorite Christmas was when I got my Barbie doll with her sister Skipper and of course Ken,with the travel case and all the change of clothes, I had a blast that year, the whole family was together Grandma, Grandpa, Mom, Sisters and Brother Aunt Elaine, Uncle Johnny my 4 Cousins and my dog Bingo, (see bingo was named because the first night we got him, Mom won the JP at bingo), thats how she paid for all the great gifts that year, but it does make me sad because alot of my family are passed, I wish i could turn back the hands of time. But the memories of that year are never to be forgotten."
    "
    "
    Also the snow which made it so beautiful outside it was the absolute perfect Christmas, that year it snowed on christmas eve, and I still believed in Santa Clause lol. Everything was just perfect. "
    "
    "
    pevangel"
    "
    # 9476
  18. Mben

queenmap and pevangel, your stories made me go awwww...... They were great! "
    "
    Touching, sweet, funny, hiliarous, whatever! We want to read your stories everyone. So pick up your pens and start writing. Your novel could be worth $50!
  19. IWANTTOWIN

IWANTTOWIN Banned

MY BEST HOLIDAY MEMORY IS WHEN I WAS 8 I WANTED A CABBAGE PATCH DOLL REALLY BAD ,,IT WAS GETTING CLOSE TO XMAS AND I GUESS MY MOM WAS SICK OF ME BUGGING HER..SHE CAME HOME FROM WORK AND TOLD ME TO GO TO THE CAR AND GET HER PURSE FOR HER ..TO MY SUPRISE THERE WAS MY DOLL. ILL NEVER FORGET THAT EVER!PICK 1974THANKS 4 THE CONTEST!
  20. Mben

Cabbage Patch Dolls Now that brings back a lot of memories. Thanks IWANTTOWIN!
  21. grr84u

grr84u WELL KNOWN MEMBER

OKIES, I HAVE A SWEET, CUTE MEMORY......After a hectic holiday shopping day, when my babygirl was about 11 (now 22) we were chatting on our way home about how I wanted her to go through her toys, clothes, stuff to donate it for needy families. I told her that I had alot of stuff too, including some brand new jeans that still had the tags on them! [​IMG] She looked at me with a raised eyebrow! [​IMG]  Feeling the need to explain, I said they were a gift, but they were just way too big for me.  She patted my hand, and in the most innocent and genuine voice she said, ITS OKAY MOMMA, DON'T WORRY, YOU'LL GROW INTO THEM!! [​IMG]# 3169
  22. omeg

omeg NEW MEMBER

[​IMG][​IMG]Thats a great little story grr84u. Made me laugh out loud. [​IMG]Thanks for entering the contest.  [​IMG]                                                                                      Pam
  23. Mben

OjisPlayin, that made me laugh out loud also! That was grr8! "
    "
    Thanks for putting a name with the name too, btw. [​IMG]
  24. cat034

cat034 KITTY CAT 034

when i was young around 8 years old i insisted we leave milk and cookis for santa that eve.I woke up around 11pm to use the bathroom and saw my mom and dad carrying bags in.I watched for a while trying to figure out what was going on.Then my dad sat in a chair by the tree and started eating the cookies.There went my belief in santa.Now that im older whenever the little ones scream thanks santa when they start to open their presants i feel a mixture of happiness and jealousy.I work hard to bring the holiday cheer but i only get a thank you mom from the teens.Dang Santa keeps me broke ba humbug HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL THE BROKE SANTA PAREBTS ON THE FORUM AND MANY MORE TO COME.[​IMG][​IMG]LUCKY PICKS ARE 3457
  25. skfalqt314

skfalqt314 Madame of the Slots

One of my favorite holiday memories is from when I was 3, and we were living in Texas. As you know, it doesn't exactly snow very often there. However, we got a few inches during the middle of the night, which were sure to melt away by morning."
    "
    So, my dad woke me up in the middle of the night, and was standing outside my bedroom window next to a snowman that he made for me! I was SO excited! He came inside and told me to wake up my brothers and we could go night sledding ...it was so amazing!"
    "
    It has always been a fond memory for me of my family! Thanks for letting me share!"
    "
  26. shirlsplay

shirlsplay WELL KNOWN MEMBER

the only story i got is when i was about 10 years old and still kinda believed in santa.we were all sitting in the front room opening up presents on christmas eve when i heard a noise on the porch and opened up the door to find a bike for me.both my parents were inside with me along with my brothers and sister and still today i don't know how my bike got on the porch."
    "
    4 digit #: 5345"
    "
    thank you
  27. Mben

Thanks cat, skf and shirlsplay for entering!"
    "
    These stories are so fun to read, for real. I feel a little bit closer to my fellow forum members. Awwww! lol
  28. BabyOxide

BabyOxide WELL KNOWN MEMBER

almost every year, i celebrated my christmas at a family friend's family, my family doesnt celebrate christmas, i mean older generation of asians mainly the chinese, we do not religiously celebrate christmas, unless we were part christians, but anyway, when i was tad bit younger probably around the age of 18 ? or 19 ? or maybe 21? actually , srsly i cant recall, but i'm quite certain it was way more then 8 years ago atleast, i was invited to celebrate christmas with this christian family, it was probably my second time visiting them, to the best of my knowledge, "
    "
    at the time, i was really kin on computers and could probably troubleshoot most computer problems, and i still can :p, i mean back then, computers wasnt as complicted as now. and thats my problem lol, i was way to engross on the computer, at the party, his daughter, was also celebrating her birthday, so i was in her room fixing her computer, when a bunch of her friends started pouring in, "
    "
    they were noisy but i kept my concentration :), which is really a bad thing... i mean, there was this girl trying to get a hit on me, asking me interesting questions about my life, my hobbies etc etc. but there i was ignoring her, answering only amiacably, i was like not showing any interest in her, i mean i proabbly wasnt, i was trying to concentrate on the pc, tho i did not feel much at that point in time, not the least aware of the situation, only when i got older at some point in time later, that i realised , how awkward i must have behaved back then, "
    "
    i mean a girl was hitting on you , you do not just turn that down right ? at least not at the age of 18 to 21, guys were probably trying their best to get a hit on girls at that age, and barely scores, but when the opposite occurs, it usually a dead on thingy, and there i was ignoring every single bit of it lol..."
    "
    if only i could turn the time back :p that was an unforgetable birthday chirtsmas party .. "
    "
  29. omeg

omeg NEW MEMBER

I just read thru the latest stories, and they certainly are wonderful. Thank you to all who have entered so far.  [​IMG][​IMG]Keep those fond, funny, memories coming....                                                                                                Pam
  30. labell

labell NEW MEMBER

My mother and bachelor brother share a home. Mom's been afraid of dogs her whole life, but she learned to trust my 117 lb yellow labrador because we raised him from a pup. A few days before Christmas many years ago I left bub in the car while I ran into her house... he was crying for my brother. My brother decided to walk him home to our house , so I let Bub into Mom's. He's barking joyfully when he spots the Christmas tree and to my horror he lifted his leg, marked the tree and continued on down the hallway hopping on three legs barking joyfully! I was mortified, but we've laughed at that memory ever since!"