• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Owner of Phelps' bong a poker pro

ohbhave

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Michael Phelps is a 14-time gold medalist and a budding poker pro. He also got in some hot water after a photo was released of him inhaling from a bong.After the police decided to stop investigating Phelps for a crime, you would think the story would fade away. And in the real world, it probably will.But in the gambling world, the story isn't dead yet. Because it turns out the owner of the bong is a poker pro. And a pretty damn good one at that.Carter King, who goes by the handle ckingusc, won the 2008 PokerStars World Championship of Online Poker (WCOOP) Main Event and reportedly owns the bong that Phelps was caught with.<a href="http://www.pokernewsdaily.com/carter-king-ckingusc-may-face-charges-in-phelps-fallout-arrests-1033/" >From Poker News Daily: </a>"
Quote: "
<table width="100%" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0">Late Friday night, King replied to a TwoPlusTwo thread entitled Was ckingusc arrested? Did he try selling his bong on eBay? His response to the two questions posed: Were u dropped on your head as a child or are u intentionally being dense? Either way they should be closing the case vs mike. As far as the charges vs me i cant speak about but the penalties will be very minimal. This entire thing has basically proven to me that you cannot trust the media or the police if you stand in the way of their interest. also fwiw, no i am not dumb enough to actually try and sell a bong on eBay."
"

Last edited by a moderator:

Kraziegurl79

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
You'd think as a celebrity, they wouldn't do anything that stupid...because they WILL get caught! Dumb, Dumb, Dumb!

I_am_Loni

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
BUT! Is there proof that there was real pot in the bong? At least at the time of Michael's alleged inhaling?  NO!  Only Phelps' apology confirmed it. Granted, tobacco from a bong is NASTEEEEEE, and a reasonable person could assume he was smoking pot, but that picture alone could not convince me, if I was on a jury, that he was, indeed, smoking pot!Besides, if he can swim that fast even after using pot, than I can't see where the harm is.  I say, leave the man alone!  I have yet to see where anyone has robbed a liquor store, or any other violent act, whilst (yes, I said whilst, what?) high, or for pot money.  The only reason it is against the law is because the government can't figure out how to tax it. Once they do, bet your sweet little tushy, it will no longer be the bane of mankind!  Alcohol is the most dangerous of all the drugs out there. Not because it is worse than crack, but because it is so accepted, so alright .  The last time I was drunk was 1984, when (I was told,  because I have absolutely no memory of it) drove down the wrong side of the highway, doing 85 miles an hour, and if not for the blessing of God, and a concerned citizen who took my keys from me) I did not harm anyone nor myself.  But I have NEVER allowed myself to lose control like that again. Okay, I guess I've said enough, for now  . .  . . .