1. Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Raising Boys

Discussion in 'MODS CORNER' started by Jewels, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Jewels

Jewels WELL KNOWN MEMBER

Raising Boys

By Amberly Ashton

Being the Mom of three sons has been the hardest, most rewarding job I have ever had. I had always dreamed of having a daughter. I wanted to dress her up, do her hair and play Barbies with her. I won't lie and say I wasn't a disappointed when each of my pregnancies produced a strong wide eyed boy. Now that my sons are growing up I am grateful I was blessed with boys.

In my opinion, boys are so much more easier to raise than girls. Boys have an instant special bond with their Mother instantly. To a boy, his Mom is the most special person in his life and he wants to do nothing more but make her happy. As his Mother, you take on the roll of protector. You will not allow anything or anyone to get in the way of your son's happiness. Girls are much calmer and reserved than boys. Boys do play rough, they climb on anything that mimics a tree or a ladder. They are always full of adventure and use there imagination just as much as girls do when they play dolls and house. They start pretending to be super heroes as soon as they can walk. They love playing in dirt just as much as they enjoy playing with toy guns. Everyday household objects are used to build a fort or construction site.

Boys wardrobes don't give you the satisfaction of playing dress up like you could with a little girl. Boys clothes are simple. They include shoes, shirts, pants and shorts. Unlike the never ending accessories having a girl requires. With the birth of my third son, I have become more and more thankful that their clothing is so basic. You can still dress your little man up and he can be just as cute as a girl. They make skinny jeans, cute graphic T's for an adorable rocker look. Or you can go for a more preppy look with a crisp button up with a white shirt underneath paired with a pair of khaki pants. No matter what, boys don't require "outfits". Their clothes can all be paired with one another, saving you the Mom, money along with time and energy getting them dressed daily.

Surprisingly, little boys cuddle more than girls, if not more. There is no better feeling when your son tells you how pretty you are and that he loves you. My youngest boy, can not walk by a flower without picking one for me. No feeling can compare when I see the light in his eye when he proudly presents me with the flower he just picked. I know I will miss planning my son's weddings but I have the honor of teaching and showing them how to be a caring, responsible, sensitive man. I know as my sons grow, my bond with them will only become stronger and unbreakable. Our love we share for each other will come full circle when they are married and have children of their own. Then I will be able to do it all over again as the Grandmother to their children.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2014