• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Save Wild horses

Felicie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Californians please read:<table width="628" align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> https://community.hsus.org/fund/notice-description.tcl?newsletter_id=34856626  <table width="100%" bgcolor="#507695" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="2"><table style="border-collapse:collapse;" width="100%" cellpadding="15" cellspacing="0">July 16, 2009 Call Friday Morning to Protect America's Wild Horses and Burros The U.S. House of Representatives will vote early Friday, July 17 on the Restoring Our American Mustangs (ROAM) Act (H.R. 1018). This is a critically important federal animal welfare bill that restores protections for wild horses and burros, and prevents commercial sale and wholesale slaughter of these American icons. Congress originally passed the Wild Free-Roaming Horse and Burro Act in 1971 to protect our wild horses, but in 2004 this protection was gutted in a midnight maneuver by then-Senator Conrad Burns (R-Mont.). Then the federal Bureau of Land Management said it would consider killing more than 30,000 horses in holding pens. H.R. 1018 helps to save tax dollars by keeping our mustangs on the range and using innovative and humane management tools, such as fertility control. We need your help to restore vital protections for the majestic and beautiful symbol of our American West -- our mustangs. TAKE ACTION Please make an urgent phone call on Friday morning to your U.S. Representative, Elton Gallegly, at (202) 225-5811 to urge a 'YES' vote on H.R. 1018 to protect our nation's wild horses and burros. <blockquote style="margin-left:20px;margin-right:20px;"> Hello, my name is [your name] and I live in [your town]. As a constituent, I urge Representative Gallegly to vote YES on H.R. 1018, to protect our wild horses from slaughter, and set more humane wild horse management policies. This bill will save tax dollars as well as wild horses. I hope I can count on your support. [/QUOTE] Time is short, and we need you to call right away. Thank you for all you do for animals. Sincerely, Mike MarkarianPresidentHumane Society Legislative Fund

Last edited by a moderator:

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
Filicie,"
"
I don't live in California, but if I did, I would call for sure!"
"
I have had a couple horses of my own through the years! "
"
They are fantasic animals and we should do everything to protect them anyway we can!"
"
Thanks for posting that!

sls616

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
I dont live in California but we may end up having the same situation here in my native state of Idaho. The state, BLM, holds wild horse roundups and people can come and bid on the horses. They have to prove that they have a place for the horse and the income to be able to feed them right. I have heard that the BLM is complaining about the money spent on the roundups and are thinking of culling the herds by other means. I think they should balance their budget somewhere else!! The state of Idaho has millions of acres of wilderness areas that we humans don't need or use, there's no reason why the wild horses (who by the way, were here before most of the people who migrated here settled here,) can't live in peace in some of these uninhabited areas!!