1. Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

\SCHOOL IS BACK IN SESSION!\ FREE TO ENTER CONTEST! ~ $50 CASH PRIZE! ~ CLOSES 9-12-13

Discussion in 'CLOSED FORUM CONTESTS' started by Mben, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Mben

Mben No Deposit Forum Admin Staff Member

[​IMG]-- Edited by Mben on Tuesday 20th of August 2013 04:40:44 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2014
  2. slotgal47

slotgal47 WELL KNOWN MEMBER

OMG! I could not believe it when I seen Have you ever been stuffed in a locker ! Yes I was stuffed in a locker by this boy who was so annoying! It was every day until my brother beat him up, lol! But the kicker is my brother ended up going with his sister like 20 years later and they have a son. Sad, my brother passed away, but every time I see his son it reminds me of that everyday horror. I have never told my nephew about it though. Lol, maybe one day."
    I pick 3333
  3. Mben

I wondered if we would get a story from a member about being stuffed in a locker and NEVER would have guessed it would be from you, slotgal! That's too funny! Your nephew's uncle stuffed his aunt in a locker! You have to tell him. He'd laugh his butt off! How old is your nephew now? Not that being stuffed in a locker is funny ... but it kind of is. Just reminds of a scene from some high school movie from back in the day. It's just mean though. Thanks for sharing!My fart story at my locker would fit right into this contest. I'll tell it later for those who missed it in another thread. :fart: Oh and lasting impressions was meant to mean that the teacher made you think about something in a way you never would have and you took what your learned into your adulthood. But it could mean you got the paddle for acting up in class. :lol: Remember when that was acceptable , to be paddled by the staff? Ahhh, the good old days! lol
  4. queenmap

queenmap WELL KNOWN MEMBER

My fondest memory was when I was 8 yrs old. Me and my friend would ride our big wheels to school. Back then, we really didn't have the worries we do now a days about kidnappings and such. When I bump into my old friend, she reminds of the good ole days of our big wheels."
    pick# 6754
  5. Quickwitted

Quickwitted NEW MEMBER

Some of the memories I had when I was in school is the fact that I earned myself in being one of the 8 people to go on stage to do public speaking. The first time I've had a blast confidently speaking to the undivided crowd as I worked my speech on what it is to be a friend but...that is not all that happened. A second try got me a victory when I felt the glory of the crowd cheering me on about how meaningful life is . There were some enemies who hated me in the past that had their negative emotions towards me crumble as I received a gold medal and to win the crowd over at the same time! My rivals that told me that I won't make it, that I'm going to fail well there is no better feeling than to see them fall before me over defeat when I took 1st place in the public speaking contest! What better way to enjoy the gold medal than to see my rivals fade in the background on being less than first place. A great and enjoyable moment I had back in the days and a cherished piece of achievement that I will keep forever!
  6. daremeto

daremeto WELL KNOWN MEMBER

I was in the first grade and i got german measles and i was quaranteened for 3 weeks and it was right before christmas break so i missed the class christmas party. there was this boy in my class, his name was James Hunnington, and he had a severe case of ms. the other kids at school used to make fun of him because of the way he walked. well the soft hearted person i am i became James' friend and when someone made fun of them i would beat that person up. i got to know James as a person and he was one of the nicest people i ever knew and it would make me mad that none of the other kids looked past his disability and saw him as a person. when i was in quaranteen James came to my house and brought me my christmas present he bought me. he stayed and visited for several hours, i kept telling him he should leave because i didn't want him to get the german measles. he wouldn't leave. James died about 3 weeks after that from the ms. that was my first encounter of someone i cared alot about that was taken from us all. I was so touched that he came to see me. I will never forget you James Hunnington
  7. krystalkitty

krystalkitty Greedy Gambler

In 5th grade, I remember starting school in Parker's Prairie, then on to school in IA, back to Parker's Prairie, then on to a different school...Battle Lake...A survivor I was cuz I finished 5th grade:) We moved quite a bit as kids! I think I counted 15 times K-8!! 8903
  8. jewelnurse

jewelnurse WELL KNOWN MEMBER

My memory was not fondest but life changing when I had to transfer schools in 12th grade in October when went to live with my mom as had been living with my dad for past 5 years. Had to start all over in my senior year new friends new classes etc. Missed my yearbook pics and all graduations stuff rings etc. But still graduated with gold tassel with honors."
    my lottery pics 1965
  9. Mben

Wow! What awesome stories! Thank you all for starting this contest off with a bang! Don't forget to post a lucky pick with your stories everyone! Quickwitted and daremeto, I need numbers from you! Thanks! :biggrin:[​IMG]
  10. IWANTTOWIN

IWANTTOWIN Banned

MY BEST MEMORY IS ID SAY BACK WHEN I WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL.. SKIPPING SCHOOL,PARTYING ,, WILD DAYS......LOL.. HAVING TO STAY AWAY FROM HOME TILL SCHOOL LET OUT ,,SO WE (ME AND FRIENDS) WENT FISHING, TO THE MALL,HANG OUT IN THE WOODS ALL DAY..I MISS THOSE TIMES WHEN I HAD NO CARE IN THE WORLD!
  11. kkessler

kkessler New York Gambler

There's this wonderful teacher I had in the 9th grade, Mrs. Palmer.   Not only was she a teacher but she is/was a very caring and  thoughtful person who truly cared about her kids (US)  We all loved and respected her and a lot of us kept in touch with her even after we graduated.  She hasn't changed a bit and she still comes  to our class reunions !!!  #1981 for Mrs. Palmer!!
  12. Mben

Ditching school! What a blast ..... until I got busted! "
    My strict as all hell Command Sergeant Major father in the US Army, almost murdered me! hahahahaha I didn't ditch too often after that. lol"
    Thanks for the new entries IWANTTOWIN and kkessler! :roll:"
    IWANTTOWIN, I need a lucky pick from you. Thanks!
  13. IWANTTOWIN

IWANTTOWIN Banned

oh dang i 4 got hun sorry..please give me # 8174
  14. omeg

omeg NEW MEMBER

I too am enjoying the memories very much that members are sharing.  Some good, some bad, all from the heart.:roll:I remember feeling so big and brave my first day of school, like, this is a piece of cake, and I can do this.About 30 minutes after class started, looked around, didn't see my Mom, Sisters, or Grandparents....And bawled like a baby. :lol:I remember the teacher being so nice to me, and reassuring me all was okay. Wasn't long and I was back to the happy little kid I was.Simply a melt-down, at the tender age of 5. hahaKeep those stories and memories coming. I enjoy them so much.
  15. Mben

Got it! Thanks Barb![​IMG]
  16. ladyceltic

ladyceltic WELL KNOWN MEMBER

Hello All and I'm still enjoying all that crazy school stuff just in a different atmosphere lol. I'm in college again and its crazy being older than most of the kids attending. But I love it and i think I might be sad when I'm done. I always liked learning and i had some awesome teachers as I was growing up and I still do today! I don't have any bad memories about school, its all good , and I hope it's that way in a lot of peoples lives today. So for all the people still in school here's a big woohoo and keep on working for that diploma! Gee, maybe I could just become a career student lol  My winning number is going to be 3741 :roll::yourock::yourock::maddance::maddance::theman::theman::roll:
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2014
  17. daremeto

daremeto WELL KNOWN MEMBER

sorry Mben forgot to put in my lottery numbers. here they are"
  18. Mben

That's awesome, ladyceltic! :bigclap: What are you studying this time around?[​IMG]
  19. Mben

Thanks daremeto! :roll:
  20. ladyceltic

ladyceltic WELL KNOWN MEMBER

I'm actually double majoring this time.....one is a Photography and Journalism Major and the other is a major of fine arts degree in jewelry making and becoming a metalsmith. I cannot draw at all, or should I say well? but I can visualize what I want something to look like which is very fortunate for that field. I really love the Art history classes and things that go along with the Fine arts degree as well as the Photography and Journalism classes. Photography is awesome and I would love to travel and take pictures and write stories of where I am or have been. So I'm really enjoying college this time around, maybe better than before ;). Its a completely different direction for me, seeing as I first attended college to be a Pharmacist lol. Like I was saying, I might just become a career college kid lol. :thumb::maddance::thumb::maddance:
  21. slotgal47

slotgal47 WELL KNOWN MEMBER

Well my nephew is about 23 years old.   Will have to go and find your fart story, lol.  I think you got me beat, lol!
  22. Mben

Very cool, ladyceltic! :yourock::gogirl:
  23. Mben

Found it! <a href="http://www.nodepositforum.com/t37426012/most-embarrassing-moment/" >http://www.nodepositforum.com/t37426012/most-embarrassing-moment/</a>
  24. Mikey7a

Mikey7a PHINSFAN NUMERO UNO

I suppose my school tale is a little sad, with a life lesson at the end lol. I was seven years old, and in Second Grade. It was down to me, and Mike Janikowski, for our school's 2nd grade Spelling Bee Final. Whichever one of us won, would go on to the Dade County(Miami) finals. we battled for what seemed forever, when it happened. It was my turn to go first. i spelled my word wrong! Of course, back then in 1963, the rules stated, that if the first person was incorrect, the second had a chance to spell the exact same word. Mike J. almost jumped to the podium, and spelled it, s-w-e-p-t, swept he was absolutely beaming. I on the other hand, was utterly crushed, a miserable failure at only seven years old!"
    Anyway, I never entered another Spelling Bee, even at the goading and prodding, of almost every English teacher, all the way through High School. The lesson, I rarely, if ever, spell a word wrong, almost to the point of obsession! lmao. "
    thanks for the memories, and for everyone else's great stories!"
  25. Mben

[​IMG]I bet you were utterly crushed, Mikey. I'm crushed just reading that you lost. :boohoo:Thanks for entering! -- Edited by Mben on Saturday 17th of August 2013 09:26:19 PM
  26. luckyirishgirl

luckyirishgirl WELL KNOWN MEMBER

We thought we were super cool in 7th grade. So on the last day of school, we decided to check in to homeroom, and leave and skip the rest of the day. A friend of mine had a brother who was 16, so he picked us up on the corner. (There were 9 of us) Since we all squeezed into his tiny car, when we drove down the street a cop saw and pulled us over. Made us go back to school where we ended up spending the last day in in school suspension. Horrible!"
    lottery number pick 4903
  27. omeg

omeg NEW MEMBER

:lol: That story made me giggle. I mean what are the chances of a policeman seeing you huh? Sending you back to school and suspension.I think we all thought we were super cool in 7th grade. hahaThanks for the story. :yourock:
  28. Mben

Thanks for entering, luckyirishgirl! :roll:[​IMG] [​IMG]-- Edited by Mben on Monday 19th of August 2013 01:26:52 PM
  29. nikkidog

nikkidog WELL KNOWN MEMBER

My fondest memory in high school is meeting my husband in 11th grade in 1963.  Been together 44 years.  Had  detention many times, for leaving class and meeting each other somewhere in another part of the school, lol.  It was fun and all worth it.   #1963
  30. peteyweestro

peteyweestro FANTASY FOOTBALL GUY

The day that sticks out the most to me as both awesome and sad at the same time was the last day of high school. It was so very awesome because it was finally over YAHOO......but it was sad because i realized that maybe not right away but within a few short months there would be friends who i never saw again or even had a chance to speak to. Thank God for Facebook as i have found alot of old friends and classmates through the site. my pick is 0174