• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

SMOKERS, I NEED YOUR HELP!!

allyoopers

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Hey guys, has anyone here actually tried the new electronic cigarettes yet? I just quit smoking(new sexya$$ boyfriend,non-smoker) anywho if your a smoker, than you probably know I am climbing the walls now (help me Lord) I keep seeing ads for smokeless electronic ciggies and would like to hear from someone who actually tried them, in theory they sound good,but right now I would try to draw smoke from a smoldering twig...let me know please..thanksAllyoopers

Last edited by a moderator:

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
Electronic Cigarettes , how interesting. "
"
Good luck on quitting allyoopers! Anything for that sexy thing, huh? lol

mixx

Banned
I was wondering about those things too... Probably the one thing I never smoked yet

rebago

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
I have not tried them, all I have heard is the replacement juice or whatever they use is expensive, but then so is smoking. You can do it! Heck, if no one else around here smoked, I could quit too! You can do it!

ishin

Banned
allyoopers wrote: Hey guys, has anyone here actually tried the new electronic cigarettes yet? I just quit smoking(new sexya$$ boyfriend,non-smoker) anywho if your a smoker, than you probably know I am climbing the walls now (help me Lord) I keep seeing ads for smokeless electronic ciggies and would like to hear from someone who actually tried them, in theory they sound good,but right now I would try to draw smoke from a smoldering twig...let me know please..thanksAllyoopers Hey...why not get your new sexya$$ boyfriend involved in helping you to quit smoking?  Explain to him the difficulties of your oral fixation; and that it would be great if he could be supportive.  Next time you crave a cig in your mouth, reach for and suck on him.  I'm sure he'll be happy to help.
biggrin.gif

MommyMachine

A Mommy Machine
  ishin...i have heard about the electronic cigarettes, but have yet to even see one. Im a smoker as well..id like to quit and it sounds like a good option however i dont know how well that would work...does it give nicotine? If it did then I would say go for it..congratulations on quitting, and keep it up..dont give up...ecspecially if you really want to quit!

allyoopers

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
ishin wrote:
allyoopers wrote: Hey guys, has anyone here actually tried the new electronic cigarettes yet? I just quit smoking(new sexya$$ boyfriend,non-smoker) anywho if your a smoker, than you probably know I am climbing the walls now (help me Lord) I keep seeing ads for smokeless electronic ciggies and would like to hear from someone who actually tried them, in theory they sound good,but right now I would try to draw smoke from a smoldering twig...let me know please..thanksAllyoopers Hey...why not get your new sexya$$ boyfriend involved in helping you to quit smoking?  Explain to him the difficulties of your oral fixation; and that it would be great if he could be supportive.  Next time you crave a cig in your mouth, reach for and suck on him.  I'm sure he'll be happy to help.

ishin

Banned
allyoopers wrote:  
ishin wrote:  
allyoopers wrote: Hey guys, has anyone here actually tried the new electronic cigarettes yet? I just quit smoking(new sexya$$ boyfriend,non-smoker) anywho if your a smoker, than you probably know I am climbing the walls now (help me Lord) I keep seeing ads for smokeless electronic ciggies and would like to hear from someone who actually tried them, in theory they sound good,but right now I would try to draw smoke from a smoldering twig...let me know please..thanksAllyoopers Hey...why not get your new sexya$$ boyfriend involved in helping you to quit smoking?  Explain to him the difficulties of your oral fixation; and that it would be great if he could be supportive.  Next time you crave a cig in your mouth, reach for and suck on him.  I'm sure he'll be happy to help.   Thats cool...have it your way...my way would be way more fun for the both you. 

mixx

Banned
X-MAS??? ROFL!!! Word to the wise: Keep your man happy or someone else will do it for you. And I'm pretty sure that the electronic ciggs have nicotine. Kind of like a patch, but I guess this way you still get the feeling like you're smoking. I think I'll give it shot if I remember next time I go to the store...

allyoopers

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
mixx wrote: X-MAS??? ROFL!!! Word to the wise: Keep your man happy or someone else will do it for you. And I'm pretty sure that the electronic ciggs have nicotine. Kind of like a patch, but I guess this way you still get the feeling like you're smoking. I think I'll give it shot if I remember next time I go to the store...
 X-MAS will probably cum a lot more this year if you know what I'm saying....I think I am going to try the E-Cigarette though for awhile anyway...who knows maybe he will take the place of cigarettes soon,(I'm not a prude,trust me)

mixx

Banned
I know what you're saying!!! I always got x-mas spirit! Ho Ho Ho, Merry Christmas!! Just kidding! Never thought you were a prude!

LORI222

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Believe it or not, I have tried the electronic cigarette. They do have nicotine but they claim it only goes as far as your lips. What goes in your lungs is vapor. It simulates smoking though and some consider it helpful when at the ballgames, restaurants, etc. They also claim it helps you cut down and eventually quit while clearing out your lungs. The cartridge you attach come in different strengths (reg, lite, extra lite) and also come in flavors (lol). I have not tried the flavors. I'm not sure how long each cartridge lasts but they are expensive. Some people like it. It's not for me personally. Anyway, good luck to you. I hope you can quit whichever way you try.

allyoopers

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
LORI222 wrote: Believe it or not, I have tried the electronic cigarette. They do have nicotine but they claim it only goes as far as your lips. What goes in your lungs is vapor. It simulates smoking though and some consider it helpful when at the ballgames, restaurants, etc. They also claim it helps you cut down and eventually quit while clearing out your lungs. The cartridge you attach come in different strengths (reg, lite, extra lite) and also come in flavors (lol). I have not tried the flavors. I'm not sure how long each cartridge lasts but they are expensive. Some people like it. It's not for me personally. Anyway, good luck to you. I hope you can quit whichever way you try.
Thanks so much Lori for the feedback,I found a site online where you can get the e-cigarette for free,(just pay s&h of 10 bucks) compared to buying one in a mall for 120 bucks,this seems like a better deal especially since I'm not sure if I will like it or not...nevertheless one way or another I am determined to quit. 

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Ok 1st of all lmao @ OH HELL TO THE NAW!! And  2nd  i was  taking an antidepressant called Wellbutrin for a while some 10 years ago.... and i noticed  something strange after taking it for about 3 weeks.One day out of the blue...i woke up and lit a cigarette and i almost threw up!!Of course i tried to take another drag and same thing, so i put it out.Awhile later my husband lit one  in a different room in the house than i was even in -and instantly -i was sick, sick, sick !!Well the same exact thing happened when i tried to smoke when i got pregnant,as a matter a fact thats how i knew i was pregnant the other two times.But that would be very strange if i was this time because by then i had had my tubes tied.(But still i checked and of course was not)It was then that i found out that Wellbutrin was the same exact medicine that is used to help people quit smoking except they use a lower dose and it is called Zyban.I highly , highly, recommend you consider Zyban based on this experience of mine,-guess you might have to take it for 2 weeks before it begins to work-but i can assure u that once this effect kicked in for me ...i did not smoke a single cigarette.Neither did anyone in range of the air i was breathing.i Was only on Wellbutrin for a short while and sadly after i stopped taking it i did begin to smoke again, but not for a few weeks - i still couldnt.And i sure wish i hadnt -i was stupid, but when it happened i wasnt trying to quit or anything and i was younger and dumber.But i can promise you the stuff works like a charm -one night i put out a smoke and went to bed-the next morning i tried to light one and i just about wanted to puke up my toenailsIt was like turning off a light switch once that kicked in-that easy!So i say check out Zyban-- Edited by Cat Dancer on Friday 2nd of April 2010 01:51:01 AM

allyoopers

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Cat Dancer wrote: Ok 1st of all lmao @ OH HELL TO THE NAW!! And  2nd  i was  taking an antidepressant called Wellbutrin for a while some 10 years ago.... and i noticed  something strange after taking it for about 3 weeks.One day out of the blue...i woke up and lit a cigarette and i almost threw up!!Of course i tried to take another drag and same thing, so i put it out.Awhile later my husband lit one  in a different room in the house than i was even in -and instantly -i was sick, sick, sick !!Well the same exact thing happened when i tried to smoke when i got pregnant,as a matter a fact thats how i knew i was pregnant the other two times.But that would be very strange if i was this time because by then i had had my tubes tied.(But still i checked and of course was not)It was then that i found out that Wellbutrin was the same exact medicine that is used to help people quit smoking except they use a lower dose and it is called Zyban.I highly , highly, recommend you consider Zyban based on this experience of mine,-guess you might have to take it for 2 weeks before it begins to work-but i can assure u that once this effect kicked in for me ...i did not smoke a single cigarette.Neither did anyone in range of the air i was breathing.i Was only on Wellbutrin for a short while and sadly after i stopped taking it i did begin to smoke again, but not for a few weeks - i still couldnt.And i sure wish i hadnt -i was stupid, but when it happened i wasnt trying to quit or anything and i was younger and dumber.But i can promise you the stuff works like a charm -one night i put out a smoke and went to bed-the next morning i tried to light one and i just about wanted to puke up my toenailsIt was like turning off a light switch once that kicked in-that easy!So i say check out Zyban-- Edited by Cat Dancer on Friday 2nd of April 2010 01:51:01 AMOMG Catdancer I just started taking Wellbutrin about 2 weeks ago and I have noticed significant changes since switching from Zoloft after taking that for about a decade...I dont sleep as much, I feel a lot happier and I guess you could say more...hopeful, yeah thats it hopeful,I was told that it could help with smoking cravings and actually I think it has to a degree but it may be still too soon to tell, I might be experiencing psychological cravings more than nicotine actually,and also I have to factor in that I have completely lost my sense of smell,so I don't have the benefit of that trigger...all in all it's still too soon to judge,but I think I like the difference in my mood and sense of well being. Good old crazy pills ,what would we do without them? lol

JudyB

I too quit while taking welbutrin. Fortunately when I stopped taking it I did not start again.  I have not smoked for about 8 1/2 years now.  My mom died of lung cancer at the age of 61 so that was another good incentive.  I wish you luck with the quitting alleyoop.  I know how hard it is to do. 

allyoopers

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
JudyB wrote: I too quit while taking welbutrin. Fortunately when I stopped taking it I did not start again.  I have not smoked for about 8 1/2 years now.  My mom died of lung cancer at the age of 61 so that was another good incentive.  I wish you luck with the quitting alleyoop.  I know how hard it is to do. 
 THANK YOU JudyB!!

mixx

Banned
Cat Dancer wrote: Ok 1st of all lmao @ OH HELL TO THE NAW!! And  2nd  i was  taking an antidepressant called Wellbutrin for a while some 10 years ago.... and i noticed  something strange after taking it for about 3 weeks.One day out of the blue...i woke up and lit a cigarette and i almost threw up!!Of course i tried to take another drag and same thing, so i put it out.Awhile later my husband lit one  in a different room in the house than i was even in -and instantly -i was sick, sick, sick !!Well the same exact thing happened when i tried to smoke when i got pregnant,as a matter a fact thats how i knew i was pregnant the other two times.But that would be very strange if i was this time because by then i had had my tubes tied.(But still i checked and of course was not)It was then that i found out that Wellbutrin was the same exact medicine that is used to help people quit smoking except they use a lower dose and it is called Zyban.I highly , highly, recommend you consider Zyban based on this experience of mine,-guess you might have to take it for 2 weeks before it begins to work-but i can assure u that once this effect kicked in for me ...i did not smoke a single cigarette.Neither did anyone in range of the air i was breathing.i Was only on Wellbutrin for a short while and sadly after i stopped taking it i did begin to smoke again, but not for a few weeks - i still couldnt.And i sure wish i hadnt -i was stupid, but when it happened i wasnt trying to quit or anything and i was younger and dumber.But i can promise you the stuff works like a charm -one night i put out a smoke and went to bed-the next morning i tried to light one and i just about wanted to puke up my toenailsIt was like turning off a light switch once that kicked in-that easy!So i say check out Zyban-- Edited by Cat Dancer on Friday 2nd of April 2010 01:51:01 AM
First of all thanks for this info. I will keep Zyban in mind. I'm assuming I have to see a doctor to get a prescription. Let me know if I'm wrong...And the other thing I wanted to ask you is if you still smoke today. And if you do- then I would ask if you wanted or are trying to quit. If you said you were, then I would lose hope in Zyban.

Mistye81

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
I have too tried the electronic cigarette, didn't do much for me, still craved my marlboros, so in reality I spent close to $100 on something that is sitting in a fancy little box, on my computer desk. I wish you all the luck in the world with quiting smoking! But I beleive that your best bet would be an anti-anxiety medication, or even chantix, there are actually so many medications out there that would help, just hope you have good health insurance, because none of them are very cheap.

allyoopers

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
I want to thank you all for the feedback and info,it helps a lot,and as far as the Wellbutrin...it really does seem like its working,I still crave a smoke but it seems its more from habit now, last night I only smoked 1 cigarette and you know what,it just wasnt the same, I didnt really enjoy it and after smoking it I just didnt care if I had another one at all.For me this is major progress,and the funny thing is I dont think i'm gonna need the electronic cigarette either,I dont even crave smoking mj which I have for a good while!Wellbutrin is only available thru prescription btw.I wish I had known about it years ago....stay tuned for updates.Allyoopers/Allyson

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
how long have you been taking it?"
cuz i was on it about 6 weeks, maybe 8 when it started making me sick, sick, sick-"
when i tried to smoke but it doesnt sound like its making you sick yet.

allyoopers

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
I've been taking it for about 3 & 1/2 weeks,if it makes me sick after smoking then so be it,I welcome anything that decreases the desire to smoke,I just found out that I have kidney disease and I really need to make some major changes,which I am working on,but I understand that different meds have different effects on people,its such a big difference from zoloft which Itook for 10 years just for depression, but this has made even the depression better,I think it might help me to lose weight too(fingers crossed) so I'm glad I'm getting a lot of bang for the buck out of this medicine.

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
mixx wrote: First of all thanks for this info. I will keep Zyban in mind. I'm assuming I have to see a doctor to get a prescription. Let me know if I'm wrong...And the other thing I wanted to ask you is if you still smoke today. And if you do- then I would ask if you wanted or are trying to quit. If you said you were, then I would lose hope in Zyban.
i do smoke today but not much- and no i am not trying to quit-though i should be, and i plan to start trying soon and as a matter of fact when i do i planned to get a perscription for it again.i just want to repeat that i think you have to be taking it for up to 6 or 8 weeks before the drastic effects that i experienced begin but it is well worth it - there weretimes i started gagging while even talking about smoking back then-i swearto god thats true.but yes you need a script for it - but you really should check it out 

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
allyoopers wrote:  I've been taking it for about 3 & 1/2 weeks,if it makes me sick after smoking then so be it,I welcome anything that decreases the desire to smoke,I just found out that I have kidney disease and I really need to make some major changes,which I am working on,but I understand that different meds have different effects on people,its such a big difference from zoloft which Itook for 10 years just for depression, but this has made even the depression better,I think it might help me to lose weight too(fingers crossed) so I'm glad I'm getting a lot of bang for the buck out of this medicine.  
yes im glad your getting so much bang out of your buck too-lollet me know how its doing w/ the smoking after 6 or 8 weeks-lol- and i didnt say it made you sick afterv you smoke - there is no afterwhen smoking starts to make you sick from the meds you cant even get one lit you get so sick when you even tryand dont assume that because it hasnt yet that it means it wont-like i said i was smoking  just fine the first  6 or 8 weeks i was on it and then one morning....BOOM just like that...couldnt even get one litLOL well i got my fingers crossed that it starts to make you sick too 

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
oh yeah i forgot -the other thing you want to do is get a big bag of dum dum'sthey are tiny so it shouldnt be as big of a deal if you have several- so when you still want a cig grab one of these instead and i know this sound weird - but i noticed it helped if i kinda just chewed on the stick a  while after the candy was gone cuz when i didnt i kinda wantedacig after the candy- but when i chewed on the stick a while after i didnt ...lol....go figure

allyoopers

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Cat Dancer wrote: oh yeah i forgot -the other thing you want to do is get a big bag of dum dum'sthey are tiny so it shouldnt be as big of a deal if you have several- so when you still want a cig grab one of these instead and i know this sound weird - but i noticed it helped if i kinda just chewed on the stick a  while after the candy was gone cuz when i didnt i kinda wantedacig after the candy- but when i chewed on the stick a while after i didnt ...lol....go figure
Thanks so much Cat Dancer,I hope this will work and stick,I just ordered up a batch of sugar free lollypops so I will probably substitute them for Dum Dums and pistachio nuts help me too,I used to try sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds because they keep you so busy trying to get to the nut, but they are murder on your lips,all the salt will chap the hell out of your lips,btw if anyone is interested I found a really cool site that sells old school or if you will old fashioned candy,lots of the stuff we ate when we were carefree kids and they have a good selection of sugar free stuff too........heres the link        http://www.oldtimecandy.com/index.html

mixx

Banned
Cat Dancer wrote:  
mixx wrote: First of all thanks for this info. I will keep Zyban in mind. I'm assuming I have to see a doctor to get a prescription. Let me know if I'm wrong...And the other thing I wanted to ask you is if you still smoke today. And if you do- then I would ask if you wanted or are trying to quit. If you said you were, then I would lose hope in Zyban.
i do smoke today but not much- and no i am not trying to quit-though i should be, and i plan to start trying soon and as a matter of fact when i do i planned to get a perscription for it again.i just want to repeat that i think you have to be taking it for up to 6 or 8 weeks before the drastic effects that i experienced begin but it is well worth it - there weretimes i started gagging while even talking about smoking back then-i swearto god thats true.but yes you need a script for it - but you really should check it out  
Thanks Cat Dancer!!!