1. Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Some Of My Favorite "Life Hacks"

Discussion in 'MODS CORNER' started by Sookie, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Sookie

Sookie Mother of Cats

Some Of My Favorite "Life Hacks"

By Christina Applebaum

Sometimes it's hard for me to remember how I ever figured things out before the internet. Kids today have no idea what it was like to have to use an actual dictionary to look up a word you don't know how to spell, or to find its definition. Nor do they know what a set of encyclopedias are, or what it is like to have to rely entirely on them to find the information you need to write a report for school.

No, everything is much easier now. So if you don't already know what "Life Hacks" are, they tips and tricks to make life just a bit easier. Uncommon solutions to common problems. I have to admit, before the internet I had not heard of most of these, but here are some of my favorites that I have learned in this wonderful age of information we live in today.

1. Just about everyone has a cell phone these days, and most of those phones have cameras right? Take pictures of your friends with items that you loan them, so you remember who you gave what to.(Remember when you didn't always have a camera with you and even if you did you had to wait for the film to be developed? Thank heavens we don't have to do that anymore!)

2. Use accented letters in the password on your phone (example: ñ) to make it much harder for other people to guess.

3. Tired of trying to figure out which cord dangling behind your desk goes to what? Label plastic tabs from loves of bread and attach them to their corresponding cords so you can tell which is which at a glance.

4. Drop something tiny and can't find it? (example: earring) Cut up some old pantyhose and secure it to the end of your vacuum with a rubber band. It will suck up your lost item without allowing the vacuum to swallow it.

5. Take a walnut half and rub it on damaged wooden furniture to help cover up dings.

6. Hate trying to get blister packs open? (You know - like the ones scissors come in that you need scissors to open?) Use a can opener to remove the sealed seams along the edges of the packaging. (One of my personal favorites and it works!)

7. Freeze some grapes and add a couple to your glass of white wine to keep it chilled. It looks pretty and won't water it down.

8. Get rid of the "pilling" on your favorite sweater by shaving it with a cheap disposable razor. (I do this one all the the time)

9. It's hard to remove ink stains from clothing on the go, but you can make it easier to deal with later. Rub a little hand sanitizer on it. it will help break up the ink and help keep it from setting.

10. Use a staple remover to save your fingernails when trying to add items to your key ring.