• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Texas Congressman Attempts To Make Online Poker Legal On A Federal Level This Time

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
As reported <a href="https://www.nodepositforum.com/t54338071/texas-introduces-2nd-online-poker-bill-to-congress/" >here</a>, Rep Joe Barton of Texas has introduced an online poker bill that would legalize internet poker in the state of Texas.He now is attempting to make it legal on a federal level. Repeated attempts to legalize online poker at the federal level have failed.Sen. Harry Reid has said the prospects of such legislation passing at this point are more than slim.And individual states have taken the ball and run.Still, one Republican congressman is on a mission to make online poker legal under federal law.U.S. Rep. Joe Barton, R-Texas, at the behest of the Poker Players Alliance, is taking a second stab at introducing legislation that would make online poker legal for players - no matter which state they live in - and give the federal government regulatory oversight of the practice.Barton says he's doing it not just because he thinks it's sound policy, but because he plays and loves the game. (Barton's father reportedly gave up his ambition of being a professional poker player to marry Barton's mother - a rather lengthy anecdote he shared while explaining his mission to reporters Tuesday.) My bill is a poker-only bill and a poker-only bill because I can honestly affirm that it is a game of skill, Barton said. When I play people I'm better than, I tend to win. When I play people I'm worse than, I tend to lose. I can defend poker-only with a straight face and a clear conscience.  For the full story, click <a href="http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2013/jul/17/congressman-takes-one-more-run-legalizing-online-p/#axzz2ZFcBiVaC" >here</a>.  -- Edited by Mben on Wednesday 17th of July 2013 11:47:21 AM

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
Even though his legislation only covers online poker, imagine the chance that online gambling has as a whole if poker becomes legal across all states.-- Edited by Mben on Wednesday 17th of July 2013 04:30:10 PM