1. Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

The \WHERE IS BELGAMO?\ Contest ~ Free To Enter

Discussion in 'CLOSED FORUM CONTESTS' started by omeg, Sep 28, 2011.

1. unsoughtpoet

unsoughtpoet WELL KNOWN MEMBER

oops,.. didnt see kaymay,.. shoulda refreshed before post i guess!
  2. unsoughtpoet

unsoughtpoet WELL KNOWN MEMBER

my next guess was gonna be the glass bridge if grand canyon was good but not specific enough... but o-well ~ Congrates kaymay!
  3. kaymay24

kaymay24 WELL KNOWN MEMBER

awesome!!  Thanks for the fun contest!
  4. omeg

omeg NEW MEMBER

It was alot of fun wasnt it..........:roll:I hope we have another one very soon........                  Thanks again everyone for playing.                                                               Pam
  5. Grats on your win! :thumb:
  6. PSP

PSP Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds

Please take this as constructive criticism, but if there is a next time, your answers are going to need a little work.1. Hoover Dam IS in the middle of the Mojave Desert2. Half of Hoover Dam is in Arizona - a state which has a pro football team3. IMO, Lake Mead qualifies as a large body of water. From Wikipedia - Lake Mead is the largest reservoir in the United States. It is located on the Colorado River about 30 mi (48 km) southeast of Las Vegas, Nevada, in the states of Nevada and Arizona. Formed by water impounded by the Hoover Dam, it extends 112 miles (180 km) behind the dam, holding approximately 28,500,000 acre feet (35.2 km3) of water.
  7. krystalkitty

krystalkitty Greedy Gambler

That went quick......Congrats winner...
  8. Mben

Mben No Deposit Forum Admin Staff Member

Constructive criticism taken, PSP. I knew this was gonna be a sem -tough one as far as answering all the members questions as accurately as we could.  1. Hoover Dam IS in the middle of the Mojave Desert - True, BUT kaymay's question was a GUESS, so the answer was technically NO.  2. Half of Hoover Dam is in Arizona - a state which has a pro football team - True BUT Pam is not up on football and I dropped the ball and did not catch her answer. My fault. (Pam, dropping the ball is a fumble in football lingo. hahaha) 3. IMO, Lake Mead qualifies as a large body of water . From Wikipedia - Lake Mead is the largest reservoir in the United States. It is located on the Colorado River about 30 mi (48 km) southeast of Las Vegas, Nevada, in the states of Nevada and Arizona. Formed by water impounded by the Hoover Dam, it extends 112 miles (180 km) behind the dam, holding approximately 28,500,000 acre feet (35.2 km3) of water. This one is tricky. If we were answering to LARGE then to Pam, an ocean is a large body of water. To me a puddle in the middle of my kitchen due to a leak is a large body of water. If we were answering to just WATER, then the answer would have been cut and dry (hahaha sorry) and YES. There were a few questions like that, as far as what were we answering exactly? The actual noun or the adjective describing the noun?   I am working on getting another $25 so we can have another run at this. And this time, questions will be thoroughly researched before answered. Might take a bit longer in answering but that's ok. Gotta get it right. 
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2014
  9. shirlsplay

shirlsplay WELL KNOWN MEMBER

is he with in 300 miles of tonopah ?
  10. PSP

PSP Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds

Belgamo would have had more fun at the Italian Festival in Laughlin than going to the hot dam! :thumb:
  11. Mben

Awww shirlsplay, the contest has ended with kaymay as the winner guessing Hoover Dam.As far as Tonopah is concerned, I know exactly where that is. We drove through it on our trips through Vegas going to Reno/Lake Tahoe. What a long stretch of lonely highway it is from Hoover Dam to Tonopah and then to Reno. And the answer is YES .
  12. Mben

Belgamo probably wishes he was going anywhere instead of working these days. lol Hoover Dam is just a dam, impressive but just a dam.But what is the site is to see now is the bridge they built so the traffic can bypass the dam. That bridge is MASSIVE! We saw it under construction and then saw it after it was built but not open just yet. 
  13. Mben

14. 1mnstr

1mnstr NEW MEMBER

Fun Contest the answers where fine u both did a good job. Y complain about a contest that is going to give the winner free money. Maybe if the questions gave more information like the NFL one why not list the states with teams for them so it can speed up them answering. For the near a large body of water, I would have put no reason he is above it more or less. Fun game hope u do it again!!!!
  15. Mben

Thanks for your :thumbsup: 1mnstr. I hope we do it again also. :smile:
  16. omeg

omeg NEW MEMBER

So glad you had fun with it 1mnstr.:roll:Mben and myself want to have another one, but we will be a little more prepared next time. lolThanks or the kind words.                                                                        Pam