• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Today is my 5th day without a cigarette

omeg

Today is my 5th day without a cigarette.I smoked 2 packs a day for 15 yrs, but today is my 5th day without them.I feel anxious and kind of sad. Feel like I lost a friend. ( a friend that was slowly killing me)I am not doing the e-cig, the patch, Chantix, or anything else...Simply put them down. I guess they call it cold Turkey.I am 45. Was out of breath alot, and I dont like that.Saw two people die of lung cancer in the last two years and I know that is not the way I want to go.Not looking for congrats or pats on the back. Save that for later when I have more time under my belt without cigs.Right now I ask for prayers and good thoughts, to keep me strong, and help me thru the ruff patches.Today is the 5th day without a cigarette.  I feel .....GOOD!!! 

chezbaby

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
keep rockin!!! Great job. You can do it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

omeg

chezbaby wrote: keep rockin!!! Great job. You can do it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:roll::roll:-- Edited by PMM2008 on Saturday 9th of November 2013 01:00:48 PM

Last edited by a moderator:

PSP

Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds
PMM2008 wrote: Today is my 5th day without a cigarette....Not looking for congrats or pats on the back. Save that for later when I have more time under my belt without cigs.  
 Well, in that case.... WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG!?!?:laughhard:OK, don't really mean that - very proud of you! I have never had the nicotine habit / addiction, but looking at it from the outside, kicking nicotine might be one of the toughest drugs out there to kick permanently.:gogirl: P.S. If you really are serious about quitting, you might want to stay away from virtual smoking, as in :cigar: 

omeg

PSP:I don know what took me so long. I really enjoyed smoking you know?Everything I did revolved around smoking. It was always there for me. Such a tuff addicition to break, but I am doing it.Thanks for the kind words PSP, it means alot.                                                                      PamDay 6, and going strong. :roll:

queenmap

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
I am not one to preach as I haven't decided as of yet to say enough with the smoking. I will however, say keep strong and keep the faith.

PSP

Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds
For the record, I won't be disappointed if it doesn't stick.I applaud the effort - regardless of the result!:thumb:

omeg

crazysider69 wrote: Yeah great job I haven't smoked for 1 year 7 months. Keep it up it's well worth it more to gamble with
 Oh, I cant wait till I can say 1 year-7 months like you can. :roll:Great job, you are a inspiration.Thanks for the kind words.

omeg

queenmap wrote: I am not one to preach as I haven't decided as of yet to say enough with the smoking. I will however, say keep strong and keep the faith.
THANK YOU QUEENMAP!!!!:yourock:

omeg

PSP wrote: For the record, I won't be disappointed if it doesn't stick.I applaud the effort - regardless of the result!:thumb:
 PSP- Today is day 7 without a smoke.This time I will be successful. I just know it.Regardless, thank you for the kind words of support. :yourock: