1. Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Turning The Big 4-0

Discussion in 'MODS CORNER' started by Jewels, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Jewels

Jewels WELL KNOWN MEMBER

Turning The Big 4-0

By Amberly Ashton

Yesterday, it finally happened! I knew the day would come and there was nothing I could do to stop it. Has anything changed since then? Do I feel different? Do I look different? No, but I really thought I would. I turned the big 4-0 yesterday and it was nothing like I had imagined. It was just a normal day spent with my husband and sons. Even though we didn't do anything special, it was special.

When I was younger if someone was 40 I considered them to be old. Yes, I laugh at that now too. Now I know our age is just a number. It only represents the amount of years we have been on this earth. Nothing more. When I think back and look at how I imagined my 40th Birthday it is not even remotely close to how it really was. I pictured family and friends celebrating with me, toasting each other with shiny crystal glasses of champagne, laughing and dancing the night away. Yes, I just described a scene in a romantic movie but that is what I thought would happen. Nothing even close to that was my reality.

Instead of partying with friends and taking group photos I enjoyed a chocolate cake with blueberry frosting my middle son made me the day before. My son has never baked anything before. My wonderful son cancelled my phone alarm, allowing for me to sleep in so he could make the cake and surprise me. I still can't believe he pulled it off. I have never seen him so proud before as he did when he presented me with my cake. My day was pretty normal. I received calls from family and friends wishing me a Happy Birthday and on the forum my two fellow moderators made me feel loved! Of course I received the normal facebook Birthday greetings as well. My husband made my favorite meal but before it was done I had laid down for a tiny nap and asked him to wake me when it was ready. I ended up eating dinner this morning around 3 a.m. He let me sleep which I was grateful.

My Birthday was just an ordinary day spent with my family. Even though nothing spectacular happened it was still a good Birthday. No, I didn't end the night sipping champagne and it wasn't like I had expected it to be but I wouldn't change it at all. Nothing fancy, no fireworks or party......just a normal day, that just happened to be my Birthday.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2014