• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

What is \Scary\ to you?

omeg

ghost1.jpg
  Hi gang:Well it is almost Halloween time again.  I was sitting here thinking of all the ghost and goblins that will be out that night in search of goodies to sweeten the beast in them.As adults we dont trick or treat anymore, but can still enjoy adult activities come Halloween.  Dressing in costume, parties, and scaring eachother.What is Halloween without a good scare right?Lets be honest, we all have something that scares us, whether it be from childhood, or a personal experience.   Perhaps a movie scene.For me it is the woods at night, water at night, and ghosts.  I cant think of anything that I would rather not do, then walk thru the woods at night, be in water in the woods at night, or see a real ghost.Perhaps your fear is Bats.  Insects, a spooky house.  Would love to have members list thier fears here, and post a good pic of them if possible. Tell a story on why you are scared of that particular thing.  Maybe a story on the scariest moment you have ever had.Lets have fun with it.I'll start......... -- Edited by PMM2008 on Sunday 16th of October 2011 06:59:49 PM

Last edited by a moderator:

omeg

dark-forest-night-image-31002.jpg
Good Grief...That last pic gives my heart a jump.  Eshhhh

PSP

Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds
You know whar REALLY scares me? Just how bad a couple of my Fantasy Football players are!Is it even possible to come up with a worse 1-2 punch than Donovan McNabb and LaDainian Thomlinson?(The Smarta$$ is BACK!!!) :thumb:

PSP

To be quasi-serious for a second, do you differentiate between things that you fear and things that scare you?Honestly, I can't think of anything that really scares me like you showed. There are plenty of things that I treat with respect - like the power of the ocean, nature in general, but they don't scare me.  So long as you approach them with the right attitude and knowledge, you should be fine - not always good, but fine. I fear things that I have no control over - a random attack that affects my kids, accidents, etc.Does that make any sense? 

omeg

Yes, it makes perfect sense, and I fear those things too.I was just making a post for fun, as alot of us, not all I should say, have things that we fear. Like someone hiding in the middle of the night by the bathroom door and they suddenly grab you and say BOO   You may not have to use the bathroom any longer. :lol:I think I do seperate the things I fear, and the things that scare me. This post is meant for the things that scare us. If a bump in the middle of the night isnt scary to you, you are of a rare breed. hahaThanks for the reply PSP.                                                                                Pam

PSP

The biggest problem with most of the things that are scary is that you have to believe in them before it is possible for them to exist :thumb:A perfect example - Tons of people were scared by the movie The Exorcist back in the day. I thought that it was funny. :thumb:The movie started with a premise that I couldn't accept - a couple moves into a house and the first thing they do is call their Catholic priest to bless the house. I know LOTS of Catholics - I don't know ANYONE who has EVER called a priest to bless their house - EVER!People who don't believe in ghosts or spirits RARELY see either - coincidence? Not likely I'm willing to change my opinion if anyone can provide CONCRETE proof of ghosts, spirits, or demonic possession - first hand accounts don't count. I need scientific PROOF

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
I can watch a Freddy Krueger movie in the dark all by myself and not get scared. I will jump at unexpected scenes in movies because I am startled. Which is exactly what the movie director was out to do. Good job guys! :thumbsup:lol The Excorsist was the one movie that I was gonna mention that scared me. (lol PSP) and that is because it had to do with the devil and to me, the devil is real. Ghosts, UFO's, paranormal activity, stuff like that I don't believe in and so they do not scare me. But the devil is real to me and he scares the crapola outta me. I used to be scared of dying. Not anymore. We all gotta do it, so be it. I'm just scared to do it alone. lolI fear many, many things though. Such as not being able to pay my bills or being financially secure. I fear bad things will happen to my family members. I have the fear of getting old and needing someone to take care of me and who will do it? I can go on and on and but the gist of it, is that I fear the unknown or as PSP said, things I cannot control. Ok, well I can control my future somewhat, finances, etc, but you know what I mean. One thing I learned and try to use is that fear is an emotion and you can control your emotions in most cases. You get scared but you have fear . I'd rather not have the fear but get scared because scared will go away.  Now back to the the thread is really about ..... What is Scary to you? This is what is Scary to me .................... Really guys!?!?!?!?!? :lol:

PSP

Are you scared by the Donald or Phil Spector - or just the dead animals that they wear on their heads?

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
PSP wrote: Are you scared by the Donald or Phil Spector - or just the dead animals that they wear on their heads?
I am scared that they can't even afford to buy a brush?!?! :lol:

PSP

Mben wrote:
PSP wrote: Are you scared by the Donald or Phil Spector - or just the dead animals that they wear on their heads?
I am scared that they can't even afford to buy a brush?!?! :lol:
 They have people for that :thumb: 

omeg

Okay, Yea, Now you are hitting the nail on the head.Those pictures are creepy as he**, and if I saw them in real life, I would walk the other way. hahaThanks Mben for adding to the thread.                                                          Pam

yingxuy

Banned
There are many things that I treat with respect - the same sea, the general nature of power, but they do not scare me. As long as you use the right attitude and knowledge, their practice, you should - not always good, but fine.

omeg

cat034 wrote: going through life alone
 Awww friend:I fear that too. I think we all do at one point or another.Feeling like that around the Holidays is a no-no. :tongue:Come to chat anytime to talk if you like.                                                                  Pam