1. Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

What is the Worst Gift You ever Received?

Discussion in 'GENERAL DISCUSSION' started by PMM, Dec 20, 2016.

1. PMM

PMM No Deposit Forum Moderator Staff Member

Hi gang:

I was laughing earlier today reading an article about some of the worst Christmas gifts people have received. This stuff is true, and I swear, you can't make this stuff up.

Not Sold In Stores!
    [​IMG]
    "One of my relatives is known for giving horrible gifts, and the year I was 16 I got a plain fleece blanket—the type that rolls up for easy transport. Clearly I wasn't thrilled, so I tried to return it. Well, that failed when customer service told me the blanket hadn't been sold in stores... for three years!" – Alyssa Jung, Assistant Research Editor

Everyone has gotten a rotten gift. We asked our readers to share with us the one present that had them running to the store’s returns department.
    1. I once received a toilet seat. —Julie K., Shellsburg, Iowa

2. The book What to Expect When You’re Expecting. I was in high school and not even dating. —Audrey A., Norfolk, Virginia

3. A fifth of whiskey, even though I’m an alcoholic. —Clark H., Magdalena, New Mexico

4. A very nice sweater that someone had worn, stained, and regifted to me. —Belinda M., Orangeville, Pennsylvania

5. A donation in my name to a cause I don’t support. —Marci E., North Richland Hills, Texas

6. I got my own Christmas gift back the next year. —Carol E., Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

7. A subscription to the Nutrisystem weight-loss program. —Rosemary G., LaGrange, Kentucky

8. A bar of soap. —Shirley B., Macomb, Michigan

9. A turquoise man-kini. I am 60 years old and weigh 250 pounds. —Erich P., Phoenix, Arizona

10. An iron and ironing board from my (now ex-) husband. —Nancy M., South Attleboro, Massachusetts

11. A book titled 101 Wines Under $5. —Cindy M., Greensburg, Pennsylvania

12. A bag of cotton balls. —Claudia A., Columbia Falls, Montana

13. A Christmas tree ornament. I’m Jewish. —Cary L., Royal Oak, Michigan

14. A pill vial designed like a white elephant and filled with the baby teeth of my friend’s children. —Marcia A., Carlsbad, California

15. Legos. I’m 34. —Lisa A., Boise, Idaho

16. I received a book on Chinese culture written in Chinese. —Phil H., Carmel, Indiana

17. A doorknob. —Sweet I., Jefferson, New Hampshire

18. A used spatula. —Sheila H., Grand Junction, Colorado

19. One slipper. —Robin R., Smithfield, Pennsylvania

20. A book of etiquette from my mother-in-law. —Maureen C., Pleasanton, California

21. Dental floss. —Lisa C., Alpharetta, Georgia
    Gadget, dmnitdava and Sookie like this.
  2. Sookie

Sookie Mother of Cats

This one doesn't sound too bad:

"11. A book titled 101 Wines Under $5. —Cindy M., Greensburg, Pennsylvania"
    Gadget, dmnitdava and PMM like this.
  3. PMM

My favorite is 2 bottles for 6 bucks. The ol'e 2 fer 6 deal. Yum Yum. LOL
    Gadget, dmnitdava and Sookie like this.
  4. Sookie

Sookie Mother of Cats

"Two Buck Chuck" at Trader Joe's ;)

But Trader Joe's is 20 minutes away and I think it might even be the only one in Texas, only one I've ever seen here.

So it's $14 for a 5 liter box of Franzia
  5. Kevin Stark

Kevin Stark NEW MEMBER

Flowers. One day they gave me flowers for my birthday.
    Gadget, Mben and PMM like this.
  6. chillymellow

chillymellow WELL KNOWN MEMBER

Went to my mom's once for family Christmas. My one and only present- a bar of soap.

That's right up there with the half of a rabbit my cat gave me.
    Gadget, PMM and Mben like this.
  7. PMM

:biglol:

A bar of soap? Oh, that's awful chillymellow. I'm sorry, I don't mean to laugh.

By the way, the cat thought what he was giving you was a gift because humans are lousy hunters. I actually read that. Too funny.
    Gadget, Mben and chillymellow like this.
  8. Gadget

Gadget WELL KNOWN MEMBER

My great aunt who was about 90 yrs old gave me a pair or red panties. Me and three friends could fit in these panties! HUGE! Lol! Her eyesight was very poor, or I was hoping that's why she purchased such a HUGE pair for me. I will never forget it. So hilarious.
    Mben and PMM like this.
  9. PMM

It's the thought that counts I guess!! :biglol:
    Mben and Gadget like this.
  10. Juan Diaz

Juan Diaz MEMBER

What a nuisance! )))) :surprise:

Last year my friends also presented me one big "flower". It was cactus! Yes. And my poor cat tried to bite him and hurts his ears. In general it's sad and funny at the same time... :beard::boohoo:
    Gadget, Mben and PMM like this.
  11. Mben

Mben No Deposit Forum Admin Staff Member

Lovely gift! Because I live in southern Arizona, I can definitely vouch for how beautiful some cactus are ... and how dangerous they all can be. ;)
    MARGO, Gadget and PMM like this.
  12. Kevin Stark

Kevin Stark NEW MEMBER

And how nicely they bloom)
    Mben, Gadget and PMM like this.
  13. MARGO

MARGO WELL KNOWN MEMBER

But they do not always smell good...):cigar:
    PMM and Mben like this.
  14. Kevin Stark

Kevin Stark NEW MEMBER

So many men, so many minds.