1. Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Where Have All The Pinball Machines Gone?

Discussion in 'MODS CORNER' started by Sookie, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Sookie

Sookie Mother of Cats

Where Have All The Pinball Machines Gone?
    By Christina Applebaum

Anyone here a pinball fan? I am, and I can tell you pinball machines and places to play them are getting harder to find. My better half and I decided last year that some pinball sounded like fun and jumped in the car thinking we would just check out a couple places around town and eventually find a pinball machine or two.

Alas, this was not the case. We began to realize as we checked arcade after arcade, bowling alley after bowling alley, bar after bar, anywhere that seemed likely to have a pinball machine that something had been happening since last we played. The pinball machines are disappearing!

I think we finally played some ski ball somewhere to console ourselves and so our night out wouldn't be a total bust, but went home disappointed. Since we aren't quitters we tried again but this time decided to do some research, after a little while on google we finally found something that looked promising not to far from where we live, a place called NickelRama that boasted having a few pinball machines among all their other arcade games. We were not disappointed as they did in fact have some pinball machines and a delightful bonus to our victorious hunt was just as the name of the place implies. All the games cost - yep you guessed it a nickel!

The down side was this place seemed to be a hot spot for birthday parties and was wall to wall screaming kids. But we did have fun there, and I even won enough tickets (well, when I combined them with his) for one of the pricier prizes and was able to claim a shiny blue harmonica (which I have yet to play - but I will) instead of alt the little plastic toys and candy. All in all it was a fun cheap date and we were there for hours. If you like arcades and/or pinball and find yourself in Garland Texas, be sure to check out NickelRama for tons of 5 cent games.

My dream pinball date will come after we've saved enough to go to Las Vegas, NV and will be at the Pinball Hall of Fame! That's when we will be in 10,000 sq ft of wall to wall pinball heaven, until then, NickelRama will have to do.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2014