• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Where Is Your Common Sense, Calvert County, Md School Officials?

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
This story broke on May 31st and is in the news today because the suspension will not be lifted according the fools at a Calvert County, Md school. It hits home for me because I have a 5 year old grandson. At 5 years old, they are pretty much naive and innocent to the ugliness of the world we live in today. What were the school officials thinking interrogating a 5 year old for 2 hours over a stupid fake gun to the point he peed his pants? Poor lil guy!My grandson had a water day on one of his last days of school before his summer vacation started a few weeks ago. I don't know what the exact question was for the answer I gave but I said oh, he can take water guns! My daughter looked at me like I was completely off my rocker! lol Hey, I grew up in a world where children were just that ... children. We played cops and robbers, cowboys and Indians, faked being shot and never once thought we'd be interrogated for 2 freakin' hours over a fake gun. I know that is not the world the children of today are living in and that makes me sad for them all.  Unfortunately, the fools may have scarred this little boy for life mentally along with scarring his school record. I feel the need to hug this boy and tell him that there are some adults who have lost all common sense and that he will be just fine! :heart:School refuses to lift suspension for 5-year-old who they interrogated for hours over toy gun until he wet himself<a href="http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/education/school-refuses-lift-suspension-5-year-old-who-they-interrogated-over-cap-gun"></a></h2>School officials in Calvert County, Md., will not lift the suspension they gave to a kindergartner for bringing a toy cap gun onto his school bus in May despite allegations that school officials interrogated the boy for more than two hours until he wet himself.Dowell Elementary School in Lusby refused to expunge the suspension in a letter on Friday, which was obtained by The Washington Post. The boy, who was not identified, was suspended on May 29 for 10 days. The punishment was scaled down to three days after a disciplinary hearing was held.The letter said the suspension would not be removed because the boy did bring a cap gun in his book bag and that some kids were frightened, not knowing whether the gun was real or fake.The boy was accused of carrying a cowboy-style cap gun in his backpack onto the school bus. He told his mother he did it because he wanted to show it to a friend, who had brought a water gun the day before.When it was discovered, his parents claim he was taken into an office and questioned for more than two hours without them being notified. The school was quite obviously taking it very seriously, and he's 5 years old, said his mother, who asked not to be identified. Why were we not immediately contacted? She said during that interrogation her little boy uncharacteristically peed his pants.According to the school, the boy was only questioned for five to seven minutes.His mother did not know that he had the plastic, orange-tipped toy in his bag when he went to school that morning. I have no problem that he had a consequence to his behavior, said his mother, who is also a teacher in Calvert. What I have a problem with is the severity. His parents plan to appeal the decision with the Board of Education. They are unwilling to accept such a serious allegation sitting on their son's permanent record.<a href="http://www.sott.net/article/262877-School-refuses-to-lift-suspension-for-5-year-old-who-they-interrogated-for-hours-over-toy-gun-until-he-wet-himself" >source</a>-- Edited by Mben on Tuesday 18th of June 2013 12:29:36 PM

Last edited by a moderator: