• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

WHETHER OR NOT WE LIKE IT...IT'S OUR WEATHER

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
You poor thing Pam, it sounds awful! We had 4 days here in the 70's but as of yesterday its back to the low 30's.

Your post made me think of this cartoon.

ezgif-3954846420.png

PMM

:biglol: Exactly.

When you walk, everything crunches under your feet. When you breathe, it hurts the inside of your nose, etc etc

Reactions: Sookie

PMM

Hi gang:
Anyone else enjoying these freezing temps? Got down to 12 below zero last night here. With the wind chill it was 25 below. Frost bite can literally happen in 10 minutes.

Tonight is not going to be any better...18 below, actual temps. Wind has died down, thankfully. Sun is shining...makes it almost feel like it is 10 degrees, instead of the 1 degree it actually is. :biglol:

Reactions: Mben and Sookie

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Well, this morning we have officially gone from our brief 'false spring' back to freezing again. Brrrr!

Reactions: Mben

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
I'm in for a rude awakening but a good one nonetheless. lol I am going out of town later this week.

I'm leaving this ...

tucson.jpg

For this ...

NC.jpg

Super excited though! :maddance:

PMM

Hey....it is warmer this AM. Only -2.
I have lived in Michigan my whole life, I guess you just get used to it. If I moved, I likely wouldn't get to see all 4 seasons and Spring and Fall are truly beautiful things to witness.

That doesn't mean I can't visit warm places right about now. Any offers out there? lol

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Well, you can see all 4 seasons in a single day here in Texas, or the weather from them anyway. I suppose growing up there in Michigan helps yo deal with it, that makes sense. I have been in Texas almost 5 years now and despite how I complain about the heat in the summer time, I guess I've acclimated to it better than I had realized. The last time I went back to visit my family in California a few years ago it was August. Everyone was running around sweating and crying "it's hot!" but I wore a sweater the whole time, lol.

Reactions: Mben

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
I just can't imagine Pam. I think the coldest I have ever felt is 17 degrees. Last winter it was very cold here and it stayed around 17 degrees but I DO know that it was very very cold at 17.

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Arlington, TX (Current Location)
Today 30°f High 27°f Low

Woke up and everything is covered with ice. I went to take a couple pics and it's still dark out so I will have to get better pics in a little while. Ice is still falling so hard and fast it stings when it hits you.

ice_ezgif-1311926722.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mben and PMM

PMM

Oh boy...what a mess Sookie. Stay indoors, and stay warm.
As far as I go, -19 here in Michigan. Sun is shining, but it is just incredibly cold.
Winter weather....Blah.

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Oh boy...what a mess Sookie. Stay indoors, and stay warm.
As far as I go, -19 here in Michigan. Sun is shining, but it is just incredibly cold.
Winter weather....Blah.
You stay warm too sweetie! It stopped for 20 minutes or so then started again and now its REALLY coming down. This is my second ice storm ever. It might look like snow in the pics guys, but it is ice, it's like its is snowing little ice balls instead of snowflakes.

PMM

Oh boy....Ice pellets...Joy. NOT!!!

March will be here soon, the month where it doesn't know what it wants to do, so it does it all. Helluva month weather wise coming up for all of us for sure. :biglol:

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
And then we have May to look forward to after that, otherwise known as tornado season. Or it is down here anyway...

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
DFW‬ dropped to 32° at 7pm Sunday. Temperatures have remained at or below freezing for 14 hours so far and will stay that way for another 26 hours:

Reactions: PMM

Mben

Staff member
Woke up and everything is covered with ice. I went to take a couple pics and it's still dark out so I will have to get better pics in a little while. Ice is still falling so hard and fast it stings when it hits you.
Pew+pew_dd9f70_4690253.jpg

queenmap

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
LOL..I feel so bad for all the folks dealing with the loads of snow. Here in Minnesota we haven't had a great deal of snow, just the cold temps.

Reactions: PMM and Sookie

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Arlington, TX
  • Feels Like 30°
  • Visibility 5mi
  • Humidity 100%
  • UV Index 2 (Minimum)
Today - Snow this morning will taper off and give way to cloudy skies this afternoon. Precipitation may start as some rain or sleet. High 38 °F (3.3 °C). Winds N at 10 to 20 mph (16.1 to 32.2 kph). Chance of snow 60%. Snow accumulations less than one inch.

Tonight - Mostly clear. Low around 25 °F (-3.9 °C). Winds NNE at 10 to 15 mph (16.1 to 24.1 kph).

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
It was only cold when I posted that, now it's cold and snowing hard AGAIN.

You poor thing Pam, stay warm.

Mben

Staff member
Negative 15 here this morning.
I'm telling you, it is seriously cold.
When oh when will it end. lol
When I was with the boss last week, he checked the weather in your state (you know why) on the satellite radio and laughed his butt off. smh lol

I don't know how you do it. BRRRRRRRRRRR