• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

WHETHER OR NOT WE LIKE IT...IT'S OUR WEATHER

chillymellow

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
OMG it IS mosquito from hell time in Texas. Bites the size of silver dollars. itchyitchyitchy and soon triple digit heat, wasps, and probably some rattlesnakes just to break up the monotony of the bugs.

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
OMG it IS mosquito from hell time in Texas. Bites the size of silver dollars. itchyitchyitchy and soon triple digit heat, wasps, and probably some rattlesnakes just to break up the monotony of the bugs.
I am covered in mosquito bites! Every wasp in the city is trying to make a nest on my porch!

PMM

Oh my goodness Sookie....that sounds terrible. Mosquito bites are the worst. Invest a ton is OFF or Cutter mosquito repellent. Maybe buy a bug zapper, and put it right on your porch. lol Don't let them win. :biglol: This is war. :beard:

jewelnurse

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
If going to Shreveport watch for road closings due to Red River flooding.

flooding.png

Reactions: Mben and Sookie

PMM

Hello. Seriously, could not ask for a prettier weather day than today. 78 degrees, sunny and a light breeze. Ahhhh.....
I filled the bird feeders yesterday, and they are located right out my left side thru the window. I put suet out there for the little birds, and quite expensive feed for the larger birds. Well don't you know I heard a ruckus out there this morning, looked out and saw a BIG ass crow eating all the suet he could handle. lol I chased him away, but I know he will be back. He was yelling and I know he was telling all his damn friends and family to come over to the new suet supply. haha Actually, I just love feeding the birds. Quite enjoyable to watch. Oh and the songs they sing, are heavenly to my ears.

Reactions: Mben

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER

PMM

The weatherman sure has been incorrect for the last few days. Sunny and warm turn into rain and cool with crappy wind. More rain today. Blah.
Makes it hard to even stay awake. I am all for taking a day watching movies, but not day after day. lol

Mr Sunshine? Could you please come back again? I am starting to lose my tan I worked so hard on. lol

Hope everyone else has better weather than Michigan today.

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
I'm pretty sure we have better weather here in AZ, Pam.

Yesterday I had to use the "two finger driving" technique.

It's a skill you pick up from living in Arizona. And you pick it up rather quickly. lol ;)

Reactions: Sookie and PMM

PMM

Finally after three days of rain, a day of sunshine is in store. Need to mow the lawn, but I would bury the tractor. The ground is so saturated, it will most certainly have to dry out before I can mow. Everywhere you walk is squishy. lol

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Apparently its name is Bill :confuse: Starting to rain a bit already and it is SO humid!

"Well, no matter what model you look at, tropical rains are headed for north Texas Tuesday and Wednesday as the remnants of what should become Tropical Storm Bill later today pass over north Texas. Indeed, this particular forecast model from the National Hurricane Center brings the eye of the storm right over the heart of the Metroplex."

bill_ezgif-2820535592.gif

PMM

Oh Sookie, you just can't catch a break weather wise. My goodness. More bad weather in store for Texas.
Stay safe.
Have you thought of building an Ark? Sorry , bad humor.
Seriously, try not to let it get you down.

Reactions: Sookie and Mben

Mben

Staff member
it is sooo hot in Las Vegas i believe you could fry an egg on the ground!! 110 degrees!!
Yep, 110 here in Tucson too! How would you all like to come visit me this weekend when we are at 112 ??? Welcome to HELL ! lol

scorcher.png

Reactions: Sookie

PMM

Well, we have dodged some good ones, but today I think we are gonna get hit, and hit good. Severe weather is expected. Large hail, damaging winds of 70 mph and a likelihood of tornado's. Heavy rains. The really yucky part of all this is it comes in three waves. First one around 3pm, then 7pm, and thebn around midnight. That's a long time to be looking to the skies with reservations.

Time to batten down the hatches. Wish me luck.

Sookie

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Well, we have dodged some good ones, but today I think we are gonna get hit, and hit good. Severe weather is expected. Large hail, damaging winds of 70 mph and a likelihood of tornado's. Heavy rains. The really yucky part of all this is it comes in three waves. First one around 3pm, then 7pm, and thebn around midnight. That's a long time to be looking to the skies with reservations.

Time to batten down the hatches. Wish me luck.
Good luck Pam - stay safe!

Mben

Staff member
The monsoon has been very active the last two days here in Tucson.

Here are a couple of the many pics I snapped during yesterday's storm.

Tucson.png

rainbow.png

PSP

Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds
Was it raining hard in Dover, FL last weekend? Well, it rained hard enough so that catfish could swim out of the local pond and down the street...