• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Winner, Winner! Chicken Dinner!

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
I went to our local greyhound park and place a couple of bets on the Kentucky Derby Sat.  I am happy to say I won $153.25 on a $20 bet! Wooo Hooo! Here was my bet .........$1 Exacta Box on 5 horses - 4, 6, 10, 15 and 19.The results were 19, 6 and 5I had a couple of long shots in there along with favored horses. The favored were 4, 6. 4 didn't even place. My longshot was 19. I threw him in at the very last minute. I am glad I did! It was so exciting to watch. At first someone yelled the 13 won and I was like NO!!!! I had taken 13 out. When they said 19 had won (it's really hard to see what numbers are coming in as they all start piling up together in the pack) the party was on!!!!!! lol Here's the derby if you missed it. [video=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tn9hye7U6g][/video]

Reactions: Gadget

daniela6968

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Yay! Congrats!We live 1/2 away from Lone Star Park here in TX and love to see the races live. I'm still trying to get the hang of it, betting wise. :)

omeg

I dont know anything about betting on the horses, but I do know what a WIN is, so congrats to you for winning a bet placed.:dollarsign: It sounds amazing to watch, and all around fun.                                                                        Pam

IEatGoanna

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Well Done!!!I've known this for some time but have not had the chance to share it, your race callers are terrible!They don't describe the action of how the horses are doing, (struggling, dropping the bit, full of running). Here's a description of one of our better callers in action.NB: his description of the horses in running and how they call all the runners past the post.[video=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYBb5jhTdJg]-- Edited by Mben on Tuesday 8th of May 2012 05:02:07 PM[/video]

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
Ok, I'll hand it to you, IEatGonna. Your caller in that video was AWESOME! He made that race very exciting!Even without the caller, the end of the race was exciting enough. It's just amazing how these horses are in the lead the whole way around the track and it all comes down to that last second, millisecond, where a horse's nose wins the race!