• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

World Series 2010 Giants vs Rangers ~ Who's gonna win?

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
The 2010 World Series will be the 106th edition of Major League Baseball's championship series. The best-of-seven playoff will be played between the American League champion Texas Rangers and the National League champion San Francisco Giants , and is set to begin on Wednesday, October 27. In their respective league championship series, the Rangers and Giants eliminated the 2009 World Series teams, the New York Yankees and the Philadelphia Phillies, to advance. The Rangers' advancement marks the first time that the franchise has appeared in the World Series in its 50-year history, dating back to the club's days as the Washington Senators. The Giants' victory over the Phillies gave them their fourth World Series appearance ever since relocating to San Francisco before the 1958 season; their most recent appearance was in the 2002 World Series, when they lost to the Anaheim Angels in seven games. The Giants will have home field advantage in the World Series, the first time the National League champion has had home field advantage since 2001, as the NL won the All-Star Game 31 on July 13. For the second consecutive year, Series games will have earlier start times in hopes of attracting younger viewers. First pitch will be at 7:57PM EDT for most games. Game 3 will start at 6:57PM EDT. Game 4 will start at 8:20PM EDT to accommodate Fox's football coverage.[2]

Last edited by a moderator:

Mben

Staff member
If I were to put any money down on the World Series, it would be on the SF Giants! "
"
GO NATIONAL LEAGUE!!!
w00t.gif

omeg

This is an awesome post.  I dont follow baseball as closely as I do football, but I still enjoy knowing what is going on with it, ecspecially the World Series. Looking forward to all the updates ......                                                                                  Pam

Mben

Staff member
SF GIANTS are up 2 games to 0 against the TX RANGERS after last night's blowout! "
"
San Francisco leads 2-0 (as of 10/28)"
"
Game 1: Wednesday, October 27"
Texas 7 Final"
San Francisco 11"
"
"
Game 2: Thursday, October 28"
Texas 0 Final"
San Francisco 9"
"
"
Game 3: Saturday, October 30"
San Francisco 6:57PM ET"
Texas "
"
"
Game 4: Sunday, October 31"
San Francisco 8:20PM ET"
Texas "
"
"
Game 5: Monday, November 1"
San Francisco 7:57PM ET"
Texas "
"
"
Game 6: Wednesday, November 3"
Texas 7:57PM ET"
San Francisco "
"
"
Game 7: Thursday, November 4"
Texas 7:57PM ET"
San Francisco "

omeg

Thanks for the update Mben........I appreciate it.                                                                         Pam

PSP

Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds
PMM2008 wrote: This is an awesome post.  I dont follow baseball as closely as I do football, but I still enjoy knowing what is going on with it, ecspecially the World Series. Looking forward to all the updates ......                                                                                  Pam
ECSPECIALLY? - How interesting! The real winner in this series is Bengie Molina - he gets a World Series ring no matter who wins 

Mben

Staff member
That's true, PSP. Because of the time he played with the GIants this year and then going over to the Rangers will automatically award him a ring.

Mben

Staff member
San Franciscostill leads 2-1 (as of 10/30). Not a sweep like expected? "
"
Texas 7 Final"
San Francisco 11"
"
"
Texas 0 Final"
San Francisco 9"
"
"
San Francisco 2 Final"
Texas 4

Mben

Staff member
San Francisco still leads 2-1 (as of 10/30). Not a sweep like expected? Game 1: Wednesday, October 27Texas 7 FinalSan Francisco 11Game 2: Thursday, October 28Texas 0 FinalSan Francisco 9Game 3: Saturday, October 30San Francisco 2 FinalTexas 4

omeg

PSP wrote:
PMM2008 wrote: This is an awesome post.  I dont follow baseball as closely as I do football, but I still enjoy knowing what is going on with it, ecspecially the World Series. Looking forward to all the updates ......                                                                                  Pam
ECSPECIALLY? - How interesting! The real winner in this series is Bengie Molina - he gets a World Series ring no matter who wins 
Okay....After days of being clueless at what PSP was trying to tell me with his post, I now realize I made a rather silly spelling error.  (Not before Mben had to point it out to me....)I spelled especially wrong. (ecspecially) Worse than that, I think I have always spelled it like that. The wrong way. (Gawd, I wonder if I say it that way too?)Thank you PSP and Mben for bringing this rather embarrassing mistake to my attention.  I will now write the word out 100 times spelled correctly. Thanks again....                                                                                             Pam 

PSP

I apologize for this - to a degree ;)"
"
I have this special skill - for some reason, misspelled words jump off the page like they are 10' tall hot pink neon. It's probably genetic - my mother had this skill as does my sister. "
"
It's a blessing and a curse. Sometimes I wish that I could ignore these things, but it's just not possible. You would think that it would come in handy at school, but in most cases it just pissed off the teachers when would point out their mistakes."
"
...but if you ever need anything proofread, I'm your guy :)"
"

omeg

Nooooo, dont think of apologizing PSP.  I am so glad you brought it to my attention, otherwise who knows how long I would of been making that same mistake. hahahaI have read your posts here at NDF. They are always so well written, and that is a talent not everyone can say they have. Thanks again, Now, without further delay......Back to the World Series, and Who is gonna win.....                                                                                                        Pam

PSP

PMM2008 wrote: Back to the World Series, and Who is gonna win.....                                                                                                        Pam
 The first team to win 4 games?

Mben

Staff member
San Francisco leads 3-1 (as of Thu 10/31) If they win tonight, the World Series is over. Short and Sweet. "
"
Texas 7 Final"
San Francisco 11"
"
"
Texas 0 Final"
San Francisco 9"
"
"
San Francisco 2 Final"
Texas 4"
"
"
Game 4: Sunday, October 31"
San Francisco 4 Final"
Texas 0"
"
"
Game 5: Monday, November 1"
San Francisco 7:57PM ET"
Texas

Mben

Staff member
San Francisco leads 3-1 (as of Sun 10/31) If they win tonight, the World Series is over. Short and Sweet. GO GIANTS!!! Game 1: Wednesday, October 27Texas 7 FinalSan Francisco 11Game 2: Thursday, October 28Texas 0 FinalSan Francisco 9Game 3: Saturday, October 30San Francisco 2 FinalTexas 4Game 4: Sunday, October 31San Francisco 4 FinalTexas 0Game 5: Monday, November 1San Francisco 7:57PM ETTexas

Mben

Staff member
That's it folks! The 2010 World Series is over! Way To Go SF GIANTS!!! National League and World Series Champions! "
"
Texas 7 Final"
San Francisco 11"
"
"
Texas 0 Final"
San Francisco 9"
"
"