• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Your thoughts on the economy?

belgamo

No Deposit Forum Founder
Wondering if you were in charge how would you get us out of this mess? I'll post my thoughts after a couple post,

ohbhave

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
okay, i'll start... i just have to say 1 thing... someone needs to shoot that kentucky judge!  its amazing how the two are correlated, the US economic plunge & the 12 state online gambling prohibition.  roughly speaking, they emerged simultaneously.  so i say... snuff the judge!
angered.gif
now for those of you who actually think i'm serious... get real!  the real reason for the demise of our economy is global outsourcing.  period!  that's why the demand for oil is higher, causing gas prices to soar.  its the reason for the loss of jobs in our jobmarket, and so on and so on.  but, first things first, they need to undo the mess they made by over-riding laws that have been placed on the books for decades regarding housing market and interest rates, etc..  the financial institutions got too greedy, obviously.  just my
twocents.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

lauralaten

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
The human factor was not figured in the de-regulation decision. Prosperity does not trickle down if it stays in the top people's pockets. Regulation is a necessary evil. Unions are a necessary evil. The two perform the watchdog function as long as someone is watching them.The way out is so simple it's pathetic. Jobs, Jobs, Jobs. Create them here in this country in fixing our bridges and roads, building cars that use little fuel, alternative energy production jobs, recycycling plants everywhere,etc. These kind of jobs fulfill the needs of those less educated, less skilled. They're the ones that represent the majority of the unemployed. We need them, what would we do without them. I don't want to deal with garbage or dig ditches. These hard working Americans are willing and able God love them!This will enable them to buy goods and services, houses, go to recreational areas, buy cars, and so on.-- Edited by lauralaten at 14:11, 2008-11-11

Merc_50

Less educated and skilled are you for real. Maybe some people don't like sitting in a office all day on there butt.