• Welcome to No Deposit Forum! Please log in to continue. New members please register here. New Member Registration

Closed NO DEPOSIT FORUM FREE TO ENTER '50TH ANNIVERSARY MOON LANDING' CONTEST - $50 PRIZE - CLOSES 7-23-19

Mben

No Deposit Forum Administrator
Staff member
No Deposit Forum Free-To-Enter-Lunar-Landing-50th-Anniversary-Contest-7-23-19.gif

PSP

Ruler of Western Civilization's Geeky Nerds
... and, for the record, the movie "Space Cowboys" was a movie and never actually happened. The character William "Hawk" Hawkins didn't exist - he never really made it to the moon
:surprise:

PSP

.... and 12 landed without walking.
24 total!

Say what?!?!?

You mean that they landed on the moon, but didn't go outside? That would be a big NO!

Of course, I'm not an official judge on this contest (even if I suggested the question :thumb:) - just commenting on the second half of your answer....

PSP

For a bonus of absolutely nothing (since I know that you are all looking this up on Google anyway and probably not old enough to remember it when it happened - if you were even born yet), how many total missions were there to the moon? How many of the astronauts could you name without having to use Google?

On a side note - several years ago, I was on one of my cross-coastal gigs. A co-worker had a very unique last name - Roosa. She was flabbergasted that anyone actually recognized her last name as one of the Apollo astronauts to travel to the moon - Stu Roosa, the Command Module pilot for Apollo 14. She was the granddaughter - didn't have much interaction with him since he died from cancer in 1994.

Mben

Staff member
24 ….4574 yes we really did go to the moon
Prove it! bahaha!

I don't really disbelieve we went to the moon, but I got caught up in the conspiracy back in the day.

I will say though, when making the graphic for this contest, I had to search for pictures, and all I could do is ask myself all over again was "Where are the shadows? Why are there some shadows and not other shadows?"

You know what they say. "A picture is worth a thousand words."

Reactions: robsspot3131

Mben

Staff member
They missed pointing out one of the blurry blobs/dots in the Apollo 11 pic. I fixed it!

moon 1.jpg

(I'm just messing with ya'll! :lol:)

PSP

Even if you weren't born yet, you need to watch the documentary coverage of this monumental event in human history. This was one of the great "First"s - and it happened in many of our lifetimes...

Mben

Staff member
Even if you weren't born yet, you need to watch the documentary coverage of this monumental event in human history. This was one of the great "First"s - and it happened in many of our lifetimes...
I told my daughter what today was and she says "It's only been 50 years?!" I was 4 when it happened. Knowing I was alive when this major "first" happened makes me feel really old. I don't know why, but it does. Kind of like how I perceive people (as old) who were alive when color TV was first introduced. (And after searching that, I see it was around my birth year here in the USA. I'm old. lol)

Did you see the movie 'First Man' with Gosling?

jumboscampi

WELL KNOWN MEMBER
Say what?!?!?

You mean that they landed on the moon, but didn't go outside? That would be a big NO!

Of course, I'm not an official judge on this contest (even if I suggested the question :thumb:) - just commenting on the second half of your answer....
I guess I meant that 12 walked on the moon while 12 others flew there in the mission but didn't actually walk on it.
That is a total of 24 but that is also the breakdown of it.

Just wanted to be as clear as possible on my answer I guess. I overthink EVERYTHING you know?! LOL

Mben

Staff member
Our 'Free to Enter' Moon Landing contest closes tomorrow at 12:30 PM EDT tomorrow.

Get entered while you can!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BackWoods94